Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   iPad Non-Pro 9.7" 7th Gen (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=390241)

originalscottyg 04-05-2017 12:44 PM

iPad Non-Pro 9.7" 7th Gen

Is the Dock compatible with the new "non-Pro" 9.7" iPad (7th Gen)? There's a big price difference between the Pro and non-Pro 9.7" iPads and the feature difference is not very big. Mostly the features on the Pro wouldn't be useful for an iPad that would be used pretty much exclusively in the Dock, or in the tracking room for remote transport, etc.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

EddieJones 04-05-2017 05:46 PM

Re: iPad Non-Pro 9.7" 7th Gen

Whilst I haven't tested it personally I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work fine. If it has issues we would want to fix them quickly, at this price point it makes the Dock more accessible.

earthtrip 04-06-2017 05:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just bought one and it works fine. Like the other 9.7 inch iPads , where the lightning connector fits is absurdly tight.

I upgraded to the new iPad (2017) because for me the iPad mini I was using for Pro Tools Control when placed at arms length in the dock was too small of a screen for the application at hand.

originalscottyg 04-06-2017 06:49 AM

Thanks for the replies, everybody. The price point of the new 9.7" iPad is much more attractive than the Pro. This is looking like a good option.

earthtrip 04-06-2017 12:59 PM

Yeah the iPad Pro is great if you need the pencil maybe but if you're just going to mostly use it for PT Control I'd say it's the best option (or a used iPad Air 2 maybe).

JGM 11-29-2017 01:05 PM

Greetings.
I just bought an iPad 2017 (5th generation) and cannot get the EuControl app to be recognized on my Mac Pro 2008 running El Capitan and the latest Pro Tools Non HD?
Can anyone confirm using this iPad with the latest PT and latest EuControl app?
Am I missing something? There’s not much info to be found on the subject. Keep in mind I don’t yet own a Pro Tools Dock, but will be picking one up in the next few days and just wanted to confirm that my iPad is compatible.
Thanks for any asssitance offered as Avid wants $40 before they can say anything to me re this situation.

Thanks.

EddieJones 11-29-2017 01:34 PM

Yes, these are compatible. I presume you have installed EuControl 3.7.
with the Control App running on the iPad do you see it listed in the Surfaces tab in EuControl? If not is the iPad on the same network as the WS ?

JGM 11-29-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2461937)
Yes, these are compatible. I presume you have installed EuControl 3.7.

Yes
Quote:

with the Control App running on the iPad do you see it listed in the Surfaces tab in EuControl?

No
Quote:

If not is the iPad on the same network as the WS ?

Yes

And still nada!!

I should also mention that the EuControl Icon at the top right of my Mac screen is greyed out. Not a solid color like the other icons there.
However I am still able to open the settings.
Not sure if that makes a difference.

EddieJones 11-29-2017 02:36 PM

Can you go to your wifi settings on the iPad and select the (i) and check the IP address then on the Mac go to prefs and the network setting and note that IP address?

EddieJones 11-29-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGM (Post 2461942)
Yes
I should also mention that the EuControl Icon at the top right of my Mac screen is greyed out. Not a solid color like the other icons there.

This is OK