Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   FireWire and USB Audio Interfaces (Mac) (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   002 to Mac Mini (2014) (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408123)

Barbershop 01-18-2020 11:16 AM

002 to Mac Mini (2014)
 
Hey guys,

I am a little confused since I have never used firewire, well not since 2003, but the mac mini I have is the older version, I have the 002, and want to hook it up, but it isn't just a straight firewire is it? do I get a firewire to thunderbolt?

the mac mini has Thunderbolt 2 plug...

so do i need a firewire out of the 002 and then a converter to thunderbolt 2 then thunderbolt 2 wire?

or is there a firewire to thunderbolt wire?

thanks in advance...

Darryl Ramm 01-18-2020 11:20 AM

Re: 002 to Mac Mini (2014)
 
Getting firewire connectivity is not the issue. 002 driver support is. Do you have a 002 diver compatible with your macOS version? If not it's a door stop.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...02-003-Drivers

Darryl Ramm 01-18-2020 11:26 AM

Re: 002 to Mac Mini (2014)
 
If you can find a compatible driver then you just use an Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter and connect that to a a third part Firewire 800 to 400 adapter or Firewire 800 to 400 adapter cable. There are lots of old discussions on DUC about that that you can look at.

Barbershop 01-18-2020 11:49 AM

Re: 002 to Mac Mini (2014)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2551452)
Getting firewire connectivity is not the issue. 002 driver support is. Do you have a 002 diver compatible with your macOS version? If not it's a door stop.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...02-003-Drivers

ok...so I can just download one from there or nah?

I'm a little confused sorry..

Barbershop 01-18-2020 11:50 AM

Re: 002 to Mac Mini (2014)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2551453)
If you can find a compatible driver then you just use an Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter and connect that to a a third part Firewire 800 to 400 adapter or Firewire 800 to 400 adapter cable. There are lots of old discussions on DUC about that that you can look at.

ok so apple thunderbold to firewire adapter but which one firewire 800 or 400 adapter? what is the difference?

Darryl Ramm 01-18-2020 12:07 PM

Re: 002 to Mac Mini (2014)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbershop (Post 2551456)
ok...so I can just download one from there or nah?

I'm a little confused sorry..

You need to look on that page and see if a 002 driver is available for your macOS version.

Darryl Ramm 01-18-2020 12:12 PM

Re: 002 to Mac Mini (2014)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbershop (Post 2551457)
ok so apple thunderbold to firewire adapter but which one firewire 800 or 400 adapter? what is the difference?

Which one what? You should be able to use any high-quality/good brand Firewire 800 to 400 adapter or Firewire 800 to 400 cable depending on how you want to do this, how long a cable you need and if you still have an old FW400 cable etc. Knock yourself out... Amazon or other reelers have lots to choose from.

Barbershop 01-18-2020 12:51 PM

Re: 002 to Mac Mini (2014)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2551462)
Which one what? You should be able to use any high-quality/good brand Firewire 800 to 400 adapter or Firewire 800 to 400 cable depending on how you want to do this, how long a cable you need and if you still have an old FW400 cable etc. Knock yourself out... Amazon or other reelers have lots to choose from.

ok thanks...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:18 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com