Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Have a perpetual license but can't activate Pro Tools 12? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=407219)

degas02 11-20-2019 06:44 AM

Have a perpetual license but can't activate Pro Tools 12?

4 Attachment(s)
Hello,

Similar to another thread here, I had to wipe my computer and didn't restore from a backup, but instead started clean. I have a Pro Tools 12 Perpetual License, and when trying to activate, I am unable to.
Attachment 12291

I have three iLok locations listed- my iMac, the iLok, and the cloud (which I'm not currently signed in to). I can activate Pro Tools on the iLok, and it says successfully activated. On my iLok, it says Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle is Activated.
Attachment 12292

When I go to launch Pro Tools, I get a Pro Tools /iLok popup, and I click Activate, then login with my ILok account. Then a popup says Select License to Activate - ("You don't have any licenses in your account..."
Attachment 12288

I click Show Locations, which has two windows - on the left, the iLok Activations which lists my iLok. On the right is Computer Activations, which is empty. I cannot do anything here except click Done.
Attachment 12290

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

DigiTechSupt 11-20-2019 11:21 AM

Re: Have a perpetual license but can't activate Pro Tools 12?

Quote:

Originally Posted by degas02 (Post 2545009)
Hello,

Similar to another thread here, I had to wipe my computer and didn't restore from a backup, but instead started clean. I have a Pro Tools 12 Perpetual License, and when trying to activate, I am unable to.
Attachment 12291

I have three iLok locations listed- my iMac, the iLok, and the cloud (which I'm not currently signed in to). I can activate Pro Tools on the iLok, and it says successfully activated. On my iLok, it says Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle is Activated.
Attachment 12292

When I go to launch Pro Tools, I get a Pro Tools /iLok popup, and I click Activate, then login with my ILok account. Then a popup says Select License to Activate - ("You don't have any licenses in your account..."
Attachment 12288

I click Show Locations, which has two windows - on the left, the iLok Activations which lists my iLok. On the right is Computer Activations, which is empty. I cannot do anything here except click Done.
Attachment 12290

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Looking in to this..
Will get back to you in a bit.

-Tope

DigiTechSupt 11-20-2019 11:27 AM

Can you edit your Email at http://duc.avid.com/profile.php?do=editprofile
We can't find the product under the Email associated with your duc account.

Thanks,
-Tope

degas02 11-20-2019 05:30 PM

Hi Tope, thanks for the help.

I edited the email, but I believe it was my current one that is associated with my Avid account.

Southsidemusic 11-20-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degas02 (Post 2545080)
Hi Tope, thanks for the help.

I edited the email, but I believe it was my current one that is associated with my Avid account.

It needs to be the same as you use here on the DUC Forum :-)

degas02 11-20-2019 06:05 PM

Thanks Southsidemusic. I hope it's now the correct one! :-)

degas02 11-21-2019 09:02 AM

I uninstalled and re-installed Pro Tools for the 3rd time, and it's now working! So all is well with the world again.

Thanks!

Southsidemusic 11-21-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degas02 (Post 2545148)
I uninstalled and re-installed Pro Tools for the 3rd time, and it's now working! So all is well with the world again.

Thanks!

Thanks for updating us :-)

Glad it works now!

jaydou 11-29-2019 04:27 PM

I have the exact issue as above but with a windows 10 machine. Just updated from 2019.5 to 2019.10 from Avid Link. After the issue above, I uninstalled and reinstalled and have the same problem. Trying to contact Support chat at Avid but is offline. If anyone has any advice what I should do next please let me know.