Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Waves Plug-Ins and Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=381345)

S4: Sound Production 05-28-2016 08:30 PM

Waves Plug-Ins and Pro Tools 12

Hey,

I recently signed up to a subscription of pro tools 12 (latest version).
I was previously using Pro tools 10 which comfortably supported the waves plug-ins suite.
I am now having trouble doing the same with Pro-tools 12.
I've installed the suite on my new computer but they will not show up in my insert options once I open a session.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank you,

James

Extreme Mixing 05-28-2016 09:06 PM

Re: Waves Plug-Ins and Pro Tools 12

Call Waves on Monday morning. They will get you going.

Steve

mattrixx 05-28-2016 09:06 PM

You need to be using the latest WAVES updates for ProTools 11 on wards.. They are 64 bit AAX format plugins, where as 10 supported RTAS still.

jjnssn 05-28-2016 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S4: Sound Production (Post 2360316)
Hey,

I recently signed up to a subscription of pro tools 12 (latest version).

I was previously using Pro tools 10 which comfortably supported the waves plug-ins suite.

I am now having trouble doing the same with Pro-tools 12.

I've installed the suite on my new computer but they will not show up in my insert options once I open a session.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank you,

James

James, are you using Waves Central? If not, I believe you'll need to download. I am not sure, however, Waves may also have their older installers available online, and if I remember correctly, for awhile the AAX shell was a separate download.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Led 05-28-2016 10:19 PM

Yeah sounds like you've installed rtas but you need the latest aax version of the plugs as PT12 doesn't support rtas, so you will need to have your waves wup current to download the latest versions.

K Roche 05-29-2016 06:01 AM

Way insufficient system info in the OP so your going to get pure speculation at best.

IF ,IF ,IF then perhaps just force a rescan of plugins :eek:

Extreme Mixing 05-29-2016 07:15 AM

Or he could just call Waves and find out what he needs to do to fix his problem. The installer that worked with 10 won't work in 11 and 12, no matter what your IF, IF, IF is. No force rescan will fix that incompatibility.

Steve

K Roche 05-29-2016 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing (Post 2360379)
Or he could just call Waves and find out what he needs to do to fix his problem. The installer that worked with 10 won't work in 11 and 12, no matter what your IF, IF, IF is. No force rescan will fix that incompatibility.

Steve

Really? lets check.....
To clarify : Yes "IF" (and only IF) your assumption also known as "speculation" of his not using the current waves installers is actually correct, then obviously a rescan will not work . And given the somewhat vague wording ("the suite" ) instead of something more defining like "that suite" in his OP,... while it is not an unreasonable assumption on your part , it is still speculation...... But because he actually gave no definitive indication as to whether or not, he download and installed the current Waves installers ..... Then IF he did... and IF he simply installed and opened PT first then installed Waves, then in fact they likely will not show up in the plugins menu . And then simply "forcing a rescan" will in fact, get the plugs showing in his insert options . So in fact like I said. it is speculation and depends entirely on which IF is in play ....

Andy Gone 05-30-2016 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Led (Post 2360324)
Yeah sounds like you've installed rtas but you need the latest aax version of the plugs as PT12 doesn't support rtas, so you will need to have your waves wup current to download the latest versions.

The latest version is still v9, so WUP is not needed for update from earlier release of v9.

hooksound 05-30-2016 01:03 PM

You'll need Waves v9 licenses, do you have that?

Are your Waves licenses on an iLok or a USB stick?