Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Xpand 2 - missing presets? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=282694)

TLK Tom 09-22-2010 05:01 PM

Xpand 2 - missing presets?

Hi guys, just a quickie:

did a complete reformat/reinstall of PT straight to 8.0.4 a few weeks back via the latest installers from the digi website, but it appears that all my presets are missing in xpand/hybrid. Just to clarify, the patches and sounds are all present, but when i go to the preset drop down (in the global plugin GUI) there is only 'Factory Default' and nothing else.

Is there any way to rectify this?

Cheers in advance,

Tom.

flommer 09-22-2010 10:31 PM

Re: Xpand 2 - missing presets?

Maybe your Root folder is tweaked

Preset(menu)>settings preferences>Set root settings folder...

When you click that, you should be looking at an "open file dialog" and you want to have that set to the "Plug-In Settings" folder. Don't select the named plugin folder for the plug you have open, you are just selecting the folder where all the individual plugin settings folders reside. The way you choose it is a little counter-intuitive..

spidey01 01-16-2011 05:57 AM

Thanks Flommer

themightyrumpus 12-01-2011 09:42 AM

THANKS!!

that was totally the problem

stupid Xpand!........:D

WAXLTD 01-16-2017 04:11 PM

Having this exact issue now with 12.7 -any new solutions?

unkJE 01-17-2017 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAXLTD (Post 2407538)
Having this exact issue now with 12.7 -any new solutions?

With Windows, on PT 11 (and its probably the same for PT 12), the Default Location for the Xpand!2 Presets Folder is in the 32-bit Program Files -
C:\Program Files (x86)\AIR Music Technology\Xpand!2\Presets

If so – copy the Contents of the Presets Folder and place them in a Folder named: Xpand!2 which you place in:
C:\Users\User Name\Documents\Pro Tools\Plug-In Settings

In this Xpand!2 Folder - create a Folder for your User Presets – name it:
50 User

Check to see if you’ve also got a (Creative Collection) Xpand2 Folder (Xpand2 - without the exclamation mark)
If so, you can also transfer your Xpand2 User Presets to your 50 User Folder

In Pro Tools>Setup>Preferences>User Library
Set the Root:
C:\Users\User Name\Documents\Pro Tools\

WAXLTD 01-19-2017 07:56 PM

Thanks, much appreciated. We're actually on Mac over here, should have mentioned that. We re-installed the latest version of Xpand!2 and it seemed to resolve itself.

unkJE 01-19-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAXLTD (Post 2408291)
We re-installed the latest version of Xpand!2 and it seemed to resolve itself.

Good to see you got it working!

Think I read for "the latest version of Xpand!2" - I should install v12.0 from my Avid account - not from Application Manager (I don't know App Mngr's Xpand!2 version number).

Just out of interest - which did you install?

WAXLTD 01-22-2017 03:18 PM

I believe we downloaded manually from our avid account. We've definitely had mixed results from application manager, and tend to do things manually.

Lado 03-23-2019 03:45 PM

So here's another twist... for the sake of what I thought was efficiency, I moved my user files such as Documents, Music, Pictures, etc. to my E: drive when I installed Windows 10 because I wanted my C: drive dedicated to audio recording (using Sonar). After installing Pro Tools 2018.12 I found that Xpand!2 had no presets. Following the above comments, I've been looking for the Xpand!2 *.tfx files and have yet to find them, although I did find a bunch of *.ptxp files in an Xpand!2 folder and tried copying them to the Program Files (x86) as described above, but no luck. I'm hoping I don't have to reinstall Windows and start all over. ;-(