Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   stuttering delay compensation (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=407427)

kava 12-04-2019 04:12 AM

stuttering delay compensation

I encounter a strange new bug in 2019.10.

the delay compensation of multiple tracks, when in play seems to start working only after a few seconds.

in my post situation I have multipe mics - completely phase aligned on seperate tracks - but when I hit play I hear a delay between them (no phasing, it's a real delay about 10-20ms at least) after a few seconds the tracks allign and the delay is gone. theres no delay If I start with a little preroll.

tried buffer sizes etc. checked the session, nothing helps, no problems with earlier PT versions.

This makes it impossible to me to track my stems. the first few seconds of the dialogue stems are alway shattering and echoing.

greets
kava

john1192 12-04-2019 06:52 AM

Re: stuttering delay compensation

Quote:

Originally Posted by kava (Post 2546505)
I encounter a strange new bug in 2019.10.

the delay compensation of multiple tracks, when in play seems to start working only after a few seconds.

in my post situation I have multipe mics - completely phase aligned on seperate tracks - but when I hit play I hear a delay between them (no phasing, it's a real delay about 10-20ms at least) after a few seconds the tracks allign and the delay is gone. theres no delay If I start with a little preroll.

tried buffer sizes etc. checked the session, nothing helps, no problems with earlier PT versions.

This makes it impossible to me to track my stems. the first few seconds of the dialogue stems are alway shattering and echoing.

greets
kava

did you try all the standard things yet ?? tossing prefs, restarting, starting up with NO PLugins in plugins folder. bringing all tracks into a new fresh session using Import Session Data ... all that jazz !!!!

Downtown_BE 12-04-2019 12:03 PM

woohoo that is scary I hope thats not a bug.. I`m finishing mixes on 2019.10 right now

kava 12-05-2019 04:57 AM

I found it.

It's caused by Fabfilter Q3 - only when switching modes (low latency, linear, natural phase) by automation, which I sometimes do because I like linear phase when mixing boom + lav.

problem solved by stopping to automate that parameter (it worked back in 2019.6) and using a dedicated track if I really need another EQ type.

greets.

bolooki 12-05-2019 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kava (Post 2546639)
I found it.

It's caused by Fabfilter Q3 - only when switching modes (low latency, linear, natural phase) by automation, which I sometimes do because I like linear phase when mixing boom + lav.

problem solved by stopping to automate that parameter (it worked back in 2019.6) and using a dedicated track if I really need another EQ type.

greets.

please send this info to fabfilter!!!