Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Plugin Alliance December specials (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395412)

musicman691 12-01-2017 04:38 AM

Plugin Alliance December specials

Just got the email blast from PIA about their December sales specials. Apparently they're putting up a different plugin or two each day which is kind of cool. However there appears to be no voucher this month; maybe a second email will be coming?

Muddy-T 12-01-2017 08:41 PM

Re: Plugin Alliance December specials

The voucher should be in your inbox by now.

I don't know what other deals PA will be offering in the coming month but I just went ahead and got it over with, used my voucher on the Lindell Audio 254E Limiter/Compressor.

A grand total of five bucks well spent I reckon...

:-)

musicman691 12-02-2017 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muddy-T (Post 2462225)
The voucher should be in your inbox by now.

I don't know what other deals PA will be offering in the coming month but I just went ahead and got it over with, used my voucher on the Lindell Audio 254E Limiter/Compressor.

A grand total of five bucks well spent I reckon...

:-)

Got my voucher late last night ($35). Being they're doing two plugs a day with the first day being the only one with one plugins I'd guess PIA will have the whole gamut up during the month. I'll be very surprised if they deep discount the SSL strips too deeply. I'm still holding out for the Elysia Alpha compressor as that hasn't had a price drop in maybe a year? I have most of what I need from them already.

WKG 12-02-2017 07:53 AM

I received mine yesterday also.

Usually they'll post different ones through the month then they'll have a day or son when all the specials become available.

Not sure what to pickup though, I have a lot of their stuff already and love it. The Fiedler Stage looks very interesting, as does the BX_ Console N if it comes up on sale.

musicman691 12-02-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WKG (Post 2462275)
I received mine yesterday also.

Usually they'll post different ones through the month then they'll have a day or son when all the specials become available.

Not sure what to pickup though, I have a lot of their stuff already and love it. The Fiedler Stage looks very interesting, as does the BX_ Console N if it comes up on sale.

With this month's specials it's different ones each day. Fiedler doesn't hold anything for me and I have what I want/need out of the Unfiltered Audio collection. Ditto for the guitar plugs. Lindell looks interesting but know nothing about their stuff.

The thing that will tick me off is if they do what they did last month when they brought back all the previous weekend's plugs at their reduced prices. Could have gotten a bit more and taken advantage of a bundle discount as well.

simon.a.billington 12-05-2017 04:39 PM

In the past it was the plugins that were available for a day or two prior to Christmas all reappeared again in one final big sale form 25 Dec to 1 Jan.

But nothing is ever a guarantee.

Southsidemusic 12-05-2017 04:48 PM

Is the code transferable if I don't want oprah? If yes I would give it away to someone asap. Its only 30 euro or something but if anyone is buying two plugins maybe it would offset some of the cost on the secod purchase.

Stephen Bond 12-06-2017 01:20 AM

Dude, well worth getting bassdude for $19! :D

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p..._bassdude.html

I use mine all the time.

Stephen

musicman691 12-06-2017 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2462816)
Is the code transferable if I don't want oprah? If yes I would give it away to someone asap. Its only 30 euro or something but if anyone is buying two plugins maybe it would offset some of the cost on the secod purchase.

Wish I knew because depending on what comes up this month I may not buy anything. I do know you can't stack coupons anymore like in the past.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Bond (Post 2462863)
Dude, well worth getting bassdude for $19! :D

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p..._bassdude.html

I use mine all the time.

Stephen

Bassdude was the second plugin I got from PIA; the first was Indent. The 'dude has become my go-to on bass guitar.

Stephen Bond 12-06-2017 05:28 AM

Yeah I use that dude on bass and also guitar quite a lot. Good sounds for both!

I probably use Eleven MKII most for bass but plenty of good options available, that's for sure :D

Stephen