Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac) (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   No Output with New System (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=223943)

Allen Hallada 06-24-2008 11:26 AM

No Output with New System

I just upgraded to a brand new iMac Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz 24" on OSX 10.5.3 and have been using the M-Audio Firewire 1814 with no issues on an earlier model of iMac Duo Core 2Ghz with OSX 10.4. I just finished installing all the newest software from DigiStore M-Powered 7.4.2 and latest Driver off the M-Audio website 1.8.3 for the 1814. My interface is being recognized on ProTools start up and I see it in System Prefs as well. I'm not getting any input signal on my firewire interface with either iTunes or ProTools. I have external powered monitors hooked up as before and headphones with no sound.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,
Allen

EGS 06-24-2008 11:38 AM

Re: No Output with New System

I/O prefs to default?

Allen Hallada 06-24-2008 12:06 PM

Yes, just realized there is no input as well.

Allen Hallada 06-24-2008 12:42 PM

Looks like a hardware issue and possibly something to do with this new Mac. Got M-Audio on the phone now.

Allen Hallada 06-24-2008 01:03 PM

Ok, got it resolved. It is a known issue with current M-Audio driver and new OSX 10.5.3. Need to go into System Prefs/ M-Audio/Hardware and change from internal -digital to external-digital to in upper right, then in lower left panel change from SPDIF to adat for both input and output , then change them both back to spdif. Now go back to sync source in upper right corner and change back to internal-digtal unmuted.

Caution: Turn your speakers down before doing this or you will have a subwoofer jumping off the floor like I just did. LOL

Allen

kurtb 07-07-2008 09:52 AM

Allen:

Just wanted to say thanks for the detailed post on how to adjust the ProjectMix driver. Since my studio is located about 30 miles from where I work and I can only get in touch with M-Audio/Digidesign during office hours, if I need to call for tech support, I need to lug my laptop and ProjectMix in my car to a ferry terminal, then on the ferry to a bus stop and finally on the bus to work - just so I can have the system up and running when I make the call. SOOO, I was really leary of installing the new driver and PT upgrade (my system was working "fairly" well with the old PT with Leopard). I finally bit the bullet and did the installation and, of course, PT worked fine but there was no output from the ProjectMix. Luckily I had printed out this thread and your answer. I did what you said and everything works fine! Again, thanks for the help. By the way, do you find you need to reset this everytime like I do?

Kurt