Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ICON & C|24 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Where can i buy a Power Supply for my D-Command ? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=390465)

francois 04-15-2017 12:02 PM

Where can i buy a Power Supply for my D-Command ?

My fader pack is starting flashing
I guess it's time for another PS .
I need a contact info for it
I can't find my way thru the Avid site and I lost the contact I use to have when I previously changed the one in the main unit.
Thanks
francois

Barry Johns 04-15-2017 10:01 PM

Re: Where can i buy a Power Supply for my D-Command ?

Why do so many Digidesign/Avid gear need power supplies replaced so form?

In all my various gear from many companies, I've never needed to replace a power supply.

Stig Eliassen 04-15-2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francois (Post 2425062)
My fader pack is starting flashing
I guess it's time for another PS .
I need a contact info for it
I can't find my way thru the Avid site and I lost the contact I use to have when I previously changed the one in the main unit.
Thanks
francois

This should do it.

Equipment list > Create a case (Avid support center)

francois 04-16-2017 05:41 AM

Thanks Stig but your link is Spam (salesforce.com ????)
Iam current with my Avid plan but i do not see any link to my ICON
I have bought 2 power supply and a channel strip in the past for it but lost the phone #
Can someone PM me a working direct line
Thanks

Drew Mazurek 04-16-2017 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Johns (Post 2425119)
Why do so many Digidesign/Avid gear need power supplies replaced so form?

In all my various gear from many companies, I've never needed to replace a power supply.

I'm going to guess that Digi/Avid sold over 5000 ICONs. Each ICON has multiple power supplies, for things like LEDs, faders, meters etc. So we're talking potentially tens of thousands of units.

We're on a forum where people might report issues like a failed power supply. I suppose you could count the posts by users that mention power supply failures. Not sure if that would yield good data or not. I do know that even things like expensive SSL consoles need power supplies replaced sometimes. It's not uncommon at all.

My ICON has been in use for 11 years (and I leave it on 24/7) and I did have one go bad. I also have an Apogee Symphony I/O that had a power supply fail fairly early on in its life. BTW, the Avid fix I did in the field for a few hundred bucks, Apogee required I send it in and it was $450 plus 2 weeks of lost usage.

But you're right, other than these two times, I've not seen them fail much in other gear.

Barry Johns 04-16-2017 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2425146)
I'm going to guess that Digi/Avid sold over 5000 ICONs. Each ICON has multiple power supplies, for things like LEDs, faders, meters etc. So we're talking potentially tens of thousands of units.

We're on a forum where people might report issues like a failed power supply. I suppose you could count the posts by users that mention power supply failures. Not sure if that would yield good data or not. I do know that even things like expensive SSL consoles need power supplies replaced sometimes. It's not uncommon at all.

My ICON has been in use for 11 years (and I leave it on 24/7) and I did have one go bad. I also have an Apogee Symphony I/O that had a power supply fail fairly early on in its life. BTW, the Avid fix I did in the field for a few hundred bucks, Apogee required I send it in and it was $450 plus 2 weeks of lost usage.

But you're right, other than these two times, I've not seen them fail much in other gear.

It's way more than Icon. Its Control 24, Pro Control, 002, most threads when talking about buying used many people recommend confirming that they have a replaced power supply.

Stig Eliassen 04-16-2017 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francois (Post 2425145)
I have bought 2 power supply and a channel strip in the past for it but lost the phone #
Thanks

Spam? It should take you to Support Center Login. That's what happens here.

StefB 04-16-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francois (Post 2425145)
Thanks

salesforce is the system Avid uses - its not spam....

francois 04-17-2017 10:37 AM

OK Avid is using salesforce but after login into the link I got a phone call this morning from salesforce trying to sell me some software...

Drew Mazurek 04-17-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francois (Post 2425354)
OK Avid is using salesforce but after login into the link I got a phone call this morning from salesforce trying to sell me some software...

No luck with these numbers?

http://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppor...-music-support

Or if you're "on plan", you can simply start a case.