Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Buy & Sell (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Scam - beware (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405611)

saqibhassan 07-14-2019 04:20 AM

Scam - beware

Jus got a PM here on DUC:
"I have a lead on a Echo Farm and Amp Farm you are looking for. Email Henry in Florida, He has one for sale
[email protected]"

A quick on google shows email is connected to scams....
Now you know.

DUC user name is "Proder" and he just joined ;)

TrentWilliams 07-14-2019 11:17 AM

Re: Scam - beware

I received a similar DM from Stevemrt:

"I have a lead on a Native Thunderbolt you are looking for. Email Mark in Florida, He has one for sale

[email protected]"

I didn't respond, thanks for the heads up.

MarcOFB 07-14-2019 11:47 PM

I recieved a similar email from Stevemrt he wanted me to pay in bitcoin which is what alerted me.

zmagosmon 07-14-2019 11:57 PM

I went with similar...bitcoin request..sadly i paid 1950usd for goods never to hear from scammer again:(

emai: [email protected]

Led 07-15-2019 02:19 AM

I had a message about something I was looking for about 3 weeks ago, same member Stevenmrt, same Mark guy in Florida, he asked for bitcoin, and when I reverse image searched the item it was lifted from a Reverb listing from a year ago, with the exact same description cut and paste. I messaged the webmaster of DUC about it, got no reply, and they have obviously done nothing as Stevenmrt is still a member.. Good to see they are looking out for the members here...not..

crizdee 07-15-2019 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Led (Post 2532729)
I had a message about something I was looking for about 3 weeks ago, same member Stevenmrt, same Mark guy in Florida, he asked for bitcoin, and when I reverse image searched the item it was lifted from a Reverb listing from a year ago, with the exact same description cut and paste. I messaged the webmaster of DUC about it, got no reply, and they have obviously done nothing as Stevenmrt is still a member.. Good to see they are looking out for the members here...not..

Hi,

Ive passed it on the forums master to check these users accounts.

Thanks for reporting

Chris

DigiTechSupt 07-15-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crizdee (Post 2532755)
Hi,

Ive passed it on the forums master to check these users accounts.

Thanks for reporting

Chris

The user has already been dealt with. Please post similar accounts/incidents to this thread so we could check, verify and take action.

Thank you,
Tope

Led 07-15-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 2532773)
The user has already been dealt with. Please post similar accounts/incidents to this thread so we could check, verify and take action.

Thank you,
Tope

Hi, when I last checked he was still active. I stand corrected, thanks for dealing with it.

danander11 07-15-2019 04:38 PM

Just got one from a user 'Proder'.. same thing.. email a gmail account.