Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2020 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Getting PT Ultimate (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=409236)

juancanto 04-01-2020 05:28 PM

Getting PT Ultimate

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, I have PT 12.5 perpetual license, but now I was working with Ultimate which of course my free trial expired today and I want to get rid of my old version.

My question is, what is be the best deal to get Ultimate version? Since I found some options on my avid account but I don't really understand.

On my avid account on the right side of "Products" section I have 4 options (I attached an image) one of them says: "Pro Tools Ultimate for 79.99$" 1 year subscription/paid monthly but I don't think I'll get Ultimate for 79.99$ so that's why it is confusing.

https://imgur.com/ElZcRwG

Thank you

albee1952 04-01-2020 05:40 PM

Re: Getting PT Ultimate

check the buy & sell section as I think someone is/was selling a perpetual licence for $1100, which is a smoking deal

Carl Lie 04-01-2020 05:44 PM

I think the $79.00 is a typo and should be $799.99. Curious what happens if you click on it.

C

juancanto 04-01-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2559521)
check the buy & sell section as I think someone is/was selling a perpetual licence for $1100, which is a smoking deal

I remember working as a busser in USA, in 2 weeks I bought my first fender guitar. Now living in Argentina it is almost impossible to spend $1100 for PT :( but I'd buy it if I could.

Anyways, I think it's 79.99 per month until you reach 799 or something.

juancanto 04-01-2020 06:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Lie (Post 2559523)
I think the $79.00 is a typo and should be $799.99. Curious what happens if you click on it.

C

It's not a typo, I clicked and then it appears a PayPal link with Pro Tools Ultimate for $79.99, that's why it is confusing, maybe it means $79.99 each month until 799.99$? I attached an image so you can see.

Rectifried 04-01-2020 06:54 PM

welcome to Avid pricing labyrinth

Southsidemusic 04-01-2020 07:26 PM

It is monthly and is only a subscription so when you stop paying it stops working. You will NOT get a perpetual license. If you want we have the PT Ultimate for ssle with a 1 year support plan and it is a perpetual license so after a year you can skip the renewal and use the perpetual license and reinstate when hou want.

If you go on a subscription you loose your perpetual license and have to keep paying monthly for ever or until you opt out and then your license stop working.

So it is not $799 for a PT Ultimate. It is 1900 dollars or more for a perpetual license.

We sell one for $1100 incl ALL fees. Thats a steal!

PS. Thanks Albee for the shoutout :-)

juancanto 04-01-2020 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2559536)
It is monthly and is only a subscription so when you stop paying it stops working. You will NOT get a perpetual license. If you want we have the PT Ultimate for ssle with a 1 year support plan and it is a perpetual license so after a year you can skip the renewal and use the perpetual license and reinstate when hou want.

If you go on a subscription you loose your perpetual license and have to keep paying monthly for ever or until you opt out and then your license stop working.

So it is not $799 for a PT Ultimate. It is 1900 dollars or more for a perpetual license.

We sell one for $1100 incl ALL fees. Thats a steal!

PS. Thanks Albee for the shoutout :-)

I understand thank you.

The Weed 04-02-2020 10:56 AM

"...so after a year you can skip the renewal and use the perpetual license and reinstate when you want."

No reinstatement anymore, you have to buy a new license. Which is a form of reinstatement I guess, but not as it was originally or how I would understand the term.

JFreak 04-02-2020 11:15 AM

Resellers are still selling them but as Avid stopped selling reinstatements last year there is no guarantee how long a reinstatement is available from resellers either.