Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   9173 error still/trash can, 35%cpu or less? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405265)

monet 06-18-2019 10:22 AM

9173 error still/trash can, 35%cpu or less?

deal! anyone still having this "fixed" issue?

Jazzbass56 06-24-2019 10:05 AM

Re: 9173 error still/trash can, 35%cpu or less?

I feel your pain.. I wish the industry would move away from PT it has become a unstable dinosaur

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JFreak 06-24-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monet (Post 2529808)
deal! anyone still having this "fixed" issue?

Not much info here. Please spend some ink so that someone may be able to help you

innesireinar 06-24-2019 03:57 PM

I'm experiencing the 9173 some minutes after opening and running a session. But it happens only one time. I'm doing an intensive test for discovering which plugin would cause this, if any. After many test I discovered that Kontakt in the plugin folder (even if not running) is the most responsible. But I have to investigate further. Btw the 9173 doesn't show up with only avid plugins in the plugin folder. I ran many sessions for many minutes going back and forth between one session to another, by closing pt, restarting the mac, reloading the missing plugins (after removing third party plugins from the folder) with avid plugins for loading the cpu and the hdx chips and never seen the 9173

xrekcor 06-24-2019 04:09 PM

I get the same error and usually only once.... and usually with the first session play through. I have found for me it’s due to forgetting to turn the internet connection off. If I turn it off prior to launching PT I don’t get the error.

tclash 06-24-2019 04:16 PM

Thank you for doing all this testing. I have the same 9173 situation as you (happens just once usually in the first 10 minutes of opening), although sometimes it's 6101 instead of 9173. I also have Kontakt and will try taking it out of the plugin folder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by innesireinar (Post 2530691)
I'm experiencing the 9173 some minutes after opening and running a session. But it happens only one time. I'm doing an intensive test for discovering which plugin would cause this, if any. After many test I discovered that Kontakt in the plugin folder (even if not running) is the most responsible. But I have to investigate further. Btw the 9173 doesn't show up with only avid plugins in the plugin folder. I ran many sessions for many minutes going back and forth between one session to another, by closing pt, restarting the mac, reloading the missing plugins (after removing third party plugins from the folder) with avid plugins for loading the cpu and the hdx chips and never seen the 9173

innesireinar 06-24-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2530693)
I get the same error and usually only once.... and usually with the first session play through. I have found for me it’s due to forgetting to turn the internet connection off. If I turn it off prior to launching PT I don’t get the error.

Are you referring to wifi or internet in general?

xrekcor 06-24-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innesireinar (Post 2530702)
Are you referring to wifi or internet in general?

Internet...... I run WiFi on a private network isolated from the internet to run EuControl without any issues. I believe there is a conflict happening between PT in play/record mode (I mean physically playing and recording) and the background chatter your PC does with your internet provider.

clancychris 06-25-2019 01:14 AM

What interface are you using?

For years I've been using an Apogee Symphony through a PCIe card. Never get errors.

I bought an Apollo firewire quad and after 30% CPU usage sessions were barely workable.

I know firewire is outdated but just putting it out there that it was an interface issue with me

innesireinar 06-25-2019 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrekcor (Post 2530708)
Internet...... I run WiFi on a private network isolated from the internet to run EuControl without any issues. I believe there is a conflict happening between PT in play/record mode (I mean physically playing and recording) and the background chatter your PC does with your internet provider.

I will check this too