Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   ASIO4ALL and Pro Tools? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=136585)

Diesel1 05-11-2005 08:02 AM

ASIO4ALL and Pro Tools?

Has anyone installed this ASIO4ALL driver and using Por Tools v.6.9 and having issues or not having issues but reduced latency after installing this driver? Anyone's input whether bad or good would be greatly appreciated. Has Digidesign certified or tested this driver with any Pro Tools version? Any input from Digidesign would be greatly appreciated as well.

JMS40 05-11-2005 12:45 PM

Re: ASIO4ALL and Pro Tools?

Why not use the Digidesign ASIO driver?

Diesel1 05-11-2005 01:57 PM

Well apparently this driver is supposed to reduce latency and from what I've read and heard, it does have some issues depending on it's use but I haven't read or heard of anything negative or positive on Pro Tools. Basically there hasn't been any discussion about this driver with Pro Tools.

Gunnar Hellquist 05-11-2005 01:59 PM

Protools itself does not use ASIO, it goes directly to the hardware. So the only reason to install ASIO4ALL is if you want to run another program using the MBox or 001 /002 or whatever. But then again, Digidesign does supply a free driver that in many cases is good enough.

Gunnar

JMS40 05-11-2005 02:08 PM

Quote:

Basically there hasn't been any discussion about this driver with Pro Tools.

That's probably because most of us are using the Digi driver provided with Pro Tools.

Search the DUC, this forum, for "asio".
I stopped counting at 10 pages of discussions that reference the ASIO driver... and that only took me back to February of this year.
Granted, not all are in depth specific ASIO topics, but there is useful information there for you.
Personally, I find the Digi driver to be pretty trouble free.

Phiktion 05-11-2005 06:39 PM

Hey man, where can you find that driver? I'm sick of the digi asio driver! I use a ton of things that need it, and im appauled by its jankyness! When I had an M-audio set-up, that asio driver worked perfect. If I can find the asio4all, im going to have to try it! thanks

spkguitar 05-11-2005 06:48 PM

asio4all.com

I prefer the digi one.
~

Chris Cavell 05-11-2005 06:55 PM

I've never encountered a single issue with the digi Asio driver to date with any of my numerous asio based applications.

Diesel1 05-12-2005 06:17 AM

Hey Phiktion, when you install it, why don't you let us know if it works great with your PT and any other asio based software you have.

Obsidian Dragon 05-12-2005 07:07 AM

What does jankyness mean? From the context, It sounds like it doesn't work well but I'm not sure. It works for me.