Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Kontakt - find previous version preset? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=332619)

abt 12-29-2012 04:14 PM

Kontakt - find previous version preset?

I'm loading a session that has Kontakt 4 instruments loaded. I have Kontakt 5 installed. Is there a way I can find out what the of the previous instrument preset were loaded so I can load them in version 5?

musicman691 12-29-2012 04:56 PM

Re: Kontakt - find previous version preset?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abt (Post 1993025)
I'm loading a session that has Kontakt 4 instruments loaded. I have Kontakt 5 installed. Is there a way I can find out what the of the previous instrument preset were loaded so I can load them in version 5?

Your message makes no sense - I think you left something out.

@ndy 12-29-2012 05:07 PM

Reinstall kontakt 4. Keep them both on your machine. Guitar Rig does the same thing. :rolleyes: You have to keep the plugins for session compatibility. You can manually transfer your settings from version 4 into 5 while both plugins are open in your session. :-)

Marsdy 12-29-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abt (Post 1993025)

You need to have a Kontakt 4 installed as well as 5, (it works fine having 4 and 5 installed at the same time.) Then if you really need to open the instruments in version 5, save the Multi from version 4 then open it in 5.

If you haven't got version 4, I believe the version of Kontakt 5 released in the last week or so will automatically replace Kontakt 4 instances. Not tried it myself though yet.

abt 12-31-2012 03:08 PM

Updating Kontakt didn't work. Looks like I'm installing version 4 (what I was trying to avoid). Thanks for you help.

John_Toolbox 12-31-2012 05:52 PM

You're wanting saved presets that you created, like eq settings, envelopes, etc. right? The file extension for these is .nkp

On the mac they should be located in:

Library -> application support -> native instruments -> kontakt 4

On the pc I think it's

program files-> common files -> native instruments -> kontakt 4

Basically you just copy the ones you want, and paste them into the same folder(s) for kontakt 5.

Or as others have suggested, you might want to keep both versions installed. It's also noteworthy that once you save a .nki file from kontakt 5, it can no longer be opened with kontakt 4.