Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   How to export selected clips within multiple tracks to multiple wav files (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401331)

Sonic Artist 10-02-2018 07:21 PM

How to export selected clips within multiple tracks to multiple wav files

I'm really hoping some of you gurus out there can get me over this frustrating hurdle. Lesson here is that I should have documented my past processes so I could easily duplicate them.

I am a sound designer and currently working on a drum library. The entire session I am working with contains all the drum hits recorded over multiple tracks labeled for the mic/position: Close, OH, U87 Far, M2 Near, etc...

In the past, on earlier versions of Pro Tools, I have selected a single drum hit over the multiple tracks (truncation points critical to preserve phase) and exported the highlighted clips from all selected tracks at once. A menu would pop up (thought this was done with shift-command-k) and would allow me to choose my own prefix while automatically inserting the prefix by track name. I did not use the Clip List to achieve this.

For some reason, I can not find this option in the current version of Pro Tools 12 and all my attempts at exporting the clips this way have failed. I checked the preferences and have tried several of the Clips options on the Editing tab including "Clip List Selection Follows Edit Selection" and "Edit Selection Follows Clip List Selection". I'm lost.

Please help me redefine this process so I can get back to work. :-)

Thanks to all in advance!

inf0l 10-18-2018 12:52 AM

Re: How to export selected clips within multiple tracks to multiple wav files

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Artist (Post 2501579)
I'm really hoping some of you gurus out there can get me over this frustrating hurdle. Lesson here is that I should have documented my past processes so I could easily duplicate them.

I am a sound designer and currently working on a drum library. The entire session I am working with contains all the drum hits recorded over multiple tracks labeled for the mic/position: Close, OH, U87 Far, M2 Near, etc...

In the past, on earlier versions of Pro Tools, I have selected a single drum hit over the multiple tracks (truncation points critical to preserve phase) and exported the highlighted clips from all selected tracks at once. A menu would pop up (thought this was done with shift-command-k) and would allow me to choose my own prefix while automatically inserting the prefix by track name. I did not use the Clip List to achieve this.

For some reason, I can not find this option in the current version of Pro Tools 12 and all my attempts at exporting the clips this way have failed. I checked the preferences and have tried several of the Clips options on the Editing tab including "Clip List Selection Follows Edit Selection" and "Edit Selection Follows Clip List Selection". I'm lost.

Please help me redefine this process so I can get back to work. :-)

Thanks to all in advance!

Export Clips as Files (CMD-SHIFT-K) only work if the clip *can* be selected in the clip list..most likely you have searched for something in the clip list (CMD-SHIFT-F) which narrows down which clips are shown/can be selected.

Step 1: Reset clip list (CMD-SHIFT-D)
Step 2: Select clips (on timeline or in clip list, doesn't matter)
Step 3: Export clips (CMD-SHIFT-K)