Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   New license not authorizing Pro Tools 12.6 after activating it (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=384578)

deanrichard 09-28-2016 10:13 AM

New license not authorizing Pro Tools 12.6 after activating it

After reading about others problems installing 12.6, I decided it best to check my iLok account to see if a new PT license was available. Sure enough, a new license for 10,11,12 was in my account. So I surrendered my previous 10,11,12 license and installed the new one. My license is supposed to be valid until well into 2017.

So thinking I've got the latest license. I download Pro Tools, then install. I start up Pro Tools, and get:
"You are trying to run a newer version of PT than your license allows. (More stuff.)"

Seriously, Avid??????

First off, why should the license change? Secondly, if you're going to change it, fix it!!!!!!!!!!!

junkgear 09-28-2016 10:24 AM

Re: Another iLok license issue

It is best to open a support case to get this corrected since account info might be required.

You can do so from your Avid Account.

deanrichard 09-28-2016 10:38 AM

New license/bundle not authorizing Pro Tools 12.6

My situation appears to be worse. Much worse. You see they actually did put a license upgrade in my iLok account. And I upgraded my iLok license, surrendering my old one.

And now it doesn't work. I'm dead in the water for PT12.

This is insane. Does Avid even have a quality assurance department?

poem 09-28-2016 10:53 AM

Re: 12.6 released!!!

I've received the license in my ilok and it's activated but protools 12.6 kept saying I don't hv any license in my ilok....:confused:

jeffro 09-28-2016 10:56 AM

Re: New license bundle not authorizing Pro Tools

Quote:

Originally Posted by deanrichard (Post 2384271)
...I upgraded my iLok license, surrendering my old one... And now it doesn't work. I'm dead in the water for PT12.

I see the Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) activated on your iLok.

So that is not authorizing 12.6?

What version of iLok License Manager is installed?

T-Low 09-28-2016 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poem (Post 2384283)
I've received the license in my ilok and it's activated but protools 12.6 kept saying I don't hv any license in my ilok....:confused:

same here

jeffro 09-28-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poem (Post 2384283)

Can't find your account based on your community email. Best to start a support case via your Avid account > Access The Support Center

deanrichard 09-28-2016 11:19 AM

Save yourselves! It's too late for me

PT 12.6 is a demonic force that will cast you into the depths of Pro Tools hell, rendering your PT 12 system useless. Unless you enjoy being tortured and abused, and want to have a useless system, I strongly suggest people hold off on PT 12 until this mess is sorted out.

It's too late for me, the demons have my soul. I can only flounder and wail, trying to once again create a usable system.

Save yourselves!

mbafmike 09-28-2016 11:23 AM

Re: Save yourselves! It's too late for me

My condolences.

How about some details regarding your demonic experience?

For that other sheeps have a chance to see the light one day.

*popcorn*

deanrichard 09-28-2016 11:38 AM

Re: Save yourselves! It's too late for me

After reading that PT 12.6 requires an upgraded license to work (why????) I went to my iLok account. Sure enough, there was a new PT 10,11,12 license. I upgraded. It required me to surrender my old license, but the new one was installed. So far everything looked great. My perpetual license should be valid for upgrades well into 2017.

I downloaded and installed PT 12.6. Should be fine, right? I followed all the rules. But no, upon running PT 12.6 I get a message (paraphrasing) "Your license does not allow you to run this version of Pro Tools", etc.

So I tried installing the latest Application Manager, thinking that might help. Silly me. It won't connect, and spins indefinitely, never connecting. I'm convinced App Mgr was written by Satanists who hate computers and DAWs.

I'm busy this afternoon, but will follow up with support soon. I'm sure they are swamped, this can't be a short phone call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbafmike (Post 2384304)
My condolences.

How about some details regarding your demonic experience?

For that other sheeps have a chance to see the light one day.

*popcorn*