Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   A-Z keyboard shortcuts for GROUA-Z keyboard shortcuts forPS in the SECONDS ID group.. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=329727)

jessedtf 10-20-2012 09:39 AM

A-Z keyboard shortcuts for GROUA-Z keyboard shortcuts forPS in the SECONDS ID group..

when you create a group, when you select a letter from the ID menu at the top right of the groups creation window, you have a choice to choose a letter from a-z, but there are 4 sets of letters from a-z. if i select for example letter "k" from group 1 in the ID selection drop down menu. when i click okay to create the group, it shows up in the group menu as keyboard shortcut "k".. so as long as i have A-Z group activation enabled, then when i press "k" on my keyboard it activates/deactivates group "k"

my question is.. when i select "k" from group 2 (for example) in the ID selection drop down menu in the group creation window, and then click okay, the group shows up with a A-Z tag of "2k" in the groups menu/list. what do i press on my keyboard to activate the group "2k"?

jessedtf 10-21-2012 10:06 AM

Re: A-Z keyboard shortcuts for GROUA-Z keyboard shortcuts forPS in the SECONDS ID gro

Lol, when i posted this question i felt kind of amateur and thought someone would know the answer no problem.. apparently not :D

YYR123 10-21-2012 10:45 AM

Never tried - but instead of using k-2 you have another 25 letters to choose from right?

To be honest I don't use that many groups - I didn't even know it would activate the groups with the letter

jessedtf 10-21-2012 10:54 AM

Re: A-Z keyboard shortcuts for GROUA-Z keyboard shortcuts forPS in the SECONDS ID gro

i could use a second letter, but that's twice as much work as one letter. for example the if the rhythm guitarist's name is bob i would set his guitar to "b" and his vocal to "b2", and then only have to remember B for bob and can easily turn on and off his groups with 100% laziness.. i mean.. effectiveness :D

also there is only 1 "b" on the keyboard, but there are separate groups for mixing and editing.. you can't use "b" for both.. i think this was probably the reason for there being 4 groups of each letter.

im thinking maybe i'll just open up a blank session and bang on the keyboard until "2k" lights up

jessedtf 10-24-2012 06:13 AM

still no one out there that knows the answer to this?

jasonthurley 10-24-2012 09:26 AM

MAC or PC?

jasonthurley 10-24-2012 09:42 AM

Either way doesnt matter... it doesnt seem to be an option to create a shortcut for it and PT doesnt have any keys attached to those other 3 banks of groups. Id say it will be easier to just name the groups and learn what groups you have on what keys.