Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   M Audio fast track pro problem (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=396383)

Kurout 01-16-2018 12:47 AM

M Audio fast track pro problem

Hey y'all,

So I have some issues working with my friend's old M Audio fast track pro sound card. I was able to connect it to my Pro Tools 12.5 but while I record, the gain is really low and there is so much humming noise that I think I can barely record using it. Now I called up the Service Centre and they say they no longer provide service to the M Audio fast track pro as it's spare parts are unavailable. Why is there a continuous humming I hear?? How can it be fixed??

Another issue is that I have creative speakers (not monitors, the one with the sub, left and right). I tried to connect the left and right speakers to the 1-2 output of M Audio but I get a real real low output. Is it because they need some supply?? Because they work fine as ASIO but then they're connected to the sub.

JoelG 01-16-2018 06:31 AM

Re: M Audio fast track pro problem

Could possibly be a bad capacitor or something, unless it is something obvious it will probably be hard to diagnose just looking at the board (no publicly available circuit diagrams). It would probably cost more to repair then to replace it with something better/newer if you can't do the repair yourself.

As for the speaker issue, it could be related to the other problem you're experiencing. There shouldn't be any specific requirements for the speakers.

Joel

Kurout 01-16-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelG (Post 2469279)
Could possibly be a bad capacitor or something, unless it is something obvious it will probably be hard to diagnose just looking at the board (no publicly available circuit diagrams). It would probably cost more to repair then to replace it with something better/newer if you can't do the repair yourself.

As for the speaker issue, it could be related to the other problem you're experiencing. There shouldn't be any specific requirements for the speakers.

Joel

Alright bro. Thanks alot, I'll get a new one.

goyagon 04-05-2018 07:46 AM

Hi guys!, i have a maudio fast track pro, and i cant connected with windows 10 with a qbase 5 software.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks! I ll apreciate a lot!!

JoelG 04-05-2018 09:55 AM

Probably best to start your own thread, and include the info requested in "Help us help you" at the top of the forum.

Joel

goyagon 04-06-2018 02:25 PM

Hi guys!, how can i créate my own threath?

i have a Maudio Fast Track and still cant connect it with Windows 10!.