Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   HELP! Mackie Profx12 on pro tools (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401746)

coleeddy 10-31-2018 01:24 PM

HELP! Mackie Profx12 on pro tools

A while back I bought the USB Mackie Profx12 mixer. I’ve been trying to hook it up with Pro Tools but it won’t let me record through it. It shows up on the hardware and playback engine but I the input and output stills say M-track (my old audio interface) I’ve tried resetting to default on the i/o but I don’t think it seems to work. Will somebody please help with this!

Btw. I have a Mac mini running High Serra.

Darryl Ramm 10-31-2018 01:48 PM

Re: HELP! Mackie Profx12 on pro tools

With the interface selected as play back engine.

Create a new empty session.

Then select all the paths in Setup>IO>{Input/Output/Bus} pages and delete them, then click the Default button on each page. Do you now see the correct names?

All this is just names, you should still see the interface input 1 works by using whatever input 1 is baned as... the actual names make no difference.

coleeddy 10-31-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2504375)
With the interface selected as play back engine.

Create a new empty session.

Then select all the paths in Setup>IO>{Input/Output/Bus} pages and delete them, then click the Default button on each page. Do you now see the correct names?

All this is just names, you should still see the interface input 1 works by using whatever input 1 is baned as... the actual names make no difference.

The playback engine is set as the USB mixer. I went to I/O and hit default on output and now it says “front left/ Front right”. I went over to input and hit default and everything disappeared:(

Darryl Ramm 10-31-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coleeddy (Post 2504384)
The playback engine is set as the USB mixer. I went to I/O and hit default on output and now it says “front left/ Front right”. I went over to input and hit default and everything disappeared:(

Your mixer is only a 2x2 interface. Do the outputs that show up work to play back some pre-recorded audio? Even if inputs 1&2 are not showing up in IO when you default it you can manually create/name two mono inputs (call them anything you want) and use them.

coleeddy 10-31-2018 04:22 PM

Will I need my M-Audio 2x2 interface to use the profx12 mixer? I called Mackie today to see if they could help and they told me I did not need my m-audio interface because the mixer would take the place of it. so I do not have it plugged into the computer. Only the mixer is plugged into the computer via USB. On the input of the tracks when I have just the mixer plugged in, all i get is "bus". I cant click on interface. Under bus the first thing on there says "M-Track Channel 1 - (Mono) - Path Inactive

coleeddy 10-31-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2504385)
Your mixer is only a 2x2 interface. Do the outputs that show up work to play back some pre-recorded audio? Even if inputs 1&2 are not showing up in IO you can manually create/name two mono inputs (call them anything you want) and use them.

Will I need my M-Audio 2x2 interface to use the profx12 mixer? I called Mackie today to see if they could help and they told me I did not need my m-audio interface because the mixer would take the place of it. so I do not have it plugged into the computer. Only the mixer is plugged into the computer via USB. On the input of the tracks when I have just the mixer plugged in, all i get is "bus". I cant click on interface. Under bus the first thing on there says "M-Track Channel 1 - (Mono) - Path Inactive

coleeddy 10-31-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2504385)
Your mixer is only a 2x2 interface. Do the outputs that show up work to play back some pre-recorded audio? Even if inputs 1&2 are not showing up in IO you can manually create/name two mono inputs (call them anything you want) and use them.

And yes the outputs do work to play back pre recorded stuff

Darryl Ramm 10-31-2018 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coleeddy (Post 2504389)
And yes the outputs do work to play back pre recorded stuff

Then you are set.

coleeddy 10-31-2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2504391)
Then you are set.

But I Cant plug my microphone into the mixer and record. check your messages I sent you a message. I need to talk to some one over the phone like you that kinda has an idea about thiss

coleeddy 10-31-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2504391)
Then you are set.

I want to just use the mixer. I want to basically use it as an audio interface. I can hear stuff through it but I cant plug in a microphone and record.