Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   "hardware not found"...power light solid. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=322133)

cjdude 05-03-2012 08:35 PM

"hardware not found"...power light solid.

So. after waiting, i upgraded to 9.0.6, and after install, my mbox mini 3g would not get detected at all. I did update that as well afterwards. I did try to reinstall all drivers, and pro tools software, going back to 9.0.5 first which still did not work and I'm still there now, but other usb devices are detected(ilok for example) just no mbox. keyboards are fine and everything. going into the hardware app it just says "hardware not connected".....any ideas would be greatly appreciated....

RegenerationMix 05-03-2012 09:39 PM

Re: "hardware not found"...power light solid.

did you choose it as the aggregate interface? try holding N while starting pro tools and select it

Chris

cjdude 05-04-2012 11:44 AM

It doesn't list it as an option even. Like it doesn't exist. The laptop doesn't detect its plugged in at all. Even though the mini 3g still has power

animalchinster 05-04-2012 02:50 PM

I'm having the same problem...

*EDIT*
I used to be able to choose my mbox mini as the i/o device for my iMac in general, but now it's not showing up in my system preferences anymore. I don't think the problem is a communication error between the interface and protools. It looks like my computer doesn't even recognize the interface anymore. I have also tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling, but that didn't solve the problem.

cjdude 05-04-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animalchinster (Post 1928129)
I'm having the same problem...

*EDIT*
I used to be able to choose my mbox mini as the i/o device for my iMac in general, but now it's not showing up in my system preferences anymore. I don't think the problem is a communication error between the interface and protools. It looks like my computer doesn't even recognize the interface anymore. I have also tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling, but that didn't solve the problem.

exactly. I'm hoping avid can fix this. but so far it looks like it's an internal problem in the hardware.

YYR123 05-04-2012 11:25 PM

Im gonna say.....trash the pref's (don't forget about the hidden user folder in Lion) and after that you should be able to start PT with the N key held down.....after that it should let you find and select the Mbox......

Don't know what trashing the pref's is about....???? Search the DUC and you will find out.....I think it will work for you.

SpinningDisk 05-05-2012 05:26 AM

If it isn't broke.......you know the rest!

cjdude 05-05-2012 01:14 PM

hahaha. nope. tried the app already to trash them. tried holding the N key down, and as i said, it does not list it. at all. it doesn't exist. just like it was never plugged in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 1928238)
Im gonna say.....trash the pref's (don't forget about the hidden user folder in Lion) and after that you should be able to start PT with the N key held down.....after that it should let you find and select the Mbox......

Don't know what trashing the pref's is about....???? Search the DUC and you will find out.....I think it will work for you.

YYR123 05-05-2012 01:36 PM

Is it still in the warranty timeframe ??
If so take it back - you maybe Able to swap it out or Avid I think they give one year warranty on the interfaces but you may have to send it into them

cjdude 05-05-2012 03:10 PM

just talk to avid tech last night. looks like i am going to be sending it in for "warranty covered service".....

just wish that it wouldn't crap out over one of their own updates. last time i update for awhile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 1928392)
Is it still in the warranty timeframe ??
If so take it back - you maybe Able to swap it out or Avid I think they give one year warranty on the interfaces but you may have to send it into them