Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Protools can't see Waves plugins (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=68751)

DMP 11-25-2002 06:12 AM

Protools can\'t see Waves plugins

I'm new to this so may have missed something obvious but I wanted to try the Waves plugins so got the 14-day trial CD, installed all the plugins (clicking the 'Try' button to activate the 14-day trial) and rebooted my PC. Protools can't seem to see the plugins. On the mix window they are not in the list for inserts. My PC is running Win98SE and all my normal plugins and the D-Verb work fine - and the date on my machine is within the date for the trial. I tried unistalling and re-installing the plugins but no difference.

Any ideas?

Cavet Your Eruptor 11-25-2002 06:22 AM

Re: Protools can\'t see Waves plugins

I just downloaded the trial for AutoTune. After the download I had to install the new files into the DAE - it seemed to know where the files went on its own - there was an installation window that popped up when I ran the file that I had downloaded.

After that, AutoTune was one of the selections in my RTAS inserts. Oh, it was all the way at the bottom of the RTAS list.

FWIW,
CYE [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

basschair 11-25-2002 06:54 AM

I had a somewhat similar situation...I have the Native Power Pack, and after the installation the plugs didn't show up in the drop down list. The plugs did show up in my Sound Forge and Acid lists though. Support (waves) told me to uninstall/reinstall, and it worked. I'm not sure what difference that made, 1 install vs. 2, but it did work. Of course, I was installing the full versions and registering them and so on. I also had problems updating to the 3.5 versions of the NPP plugs.

I don't think that this is any kind of statement on the quality of Waves programs nor on PTLE. If anything, I think it's a Win 98se thing (which I'm unfortunately still running), and perhaps the way I have my computer set up. Whatever the case may be, you may want to try a reinstall, and follow the directions on the Waves site for a full version install. Good luck!

Bastiaan 11-25-2002 08:36 AM

maybe its an idea to trash the 2 following files:

C:\Program Files\Digidesign\DAE\DAE Prefs\Installed PlugIns

C:\Program Files\Digidesign\DAE\DAE Prefs\Plug In Params.pip

The next time you launch ptle, it will search for the plugins it can use....

Lowfreq 11-25-2002 08:49 AM

I had the same issue with my Power Pack I. Waves phone support solved the problem in 12 minutes with 2 downloaded items. 1) Waves 3.6 upgrade. Yes, it's free. 2) Latest PACE drivers. Also free. Unload Waves first then restart. Load the new PACE drivers, then restart. Load Waves 3.6. DO NOT ACCEPT the demos. Authorize your Waves plug ins (if you have many, do them one at a time). Restart. Launch PT. I know this works for XP on 5.3.1. Waves 3.5 worked fine for Win98SE on 5.1.1. With supplied PACE drivers. Everything was listed and works correctly.

dcarlson247 11-25-2002 10:22 AM

Unlike the Bomb Factory (which has really good help through email) Waves has great tech help on the phone (865) 546-6115. Call them up and tell them your problem and they will patiently and kindly hold your hand and lead you to the solution. I run 98SE and have had installation stumbling blocks a number of times and they always solve the problem.

Good Luck

Bastiaan 11-25-2002 10:42 AM

Waves also has great email-support, and they even have a chatroom with techsupport in it....

DMP 11-28-2002 05:35 AM

Thanks all - not fixed yet but still working on it!

freakofnature 11-30-2002 06:10 AM

Here they show up, but when i try to insert a Waves3.6 plugin ,i get a DAEerror "plugin could not be made active because of insuffient system recources." or "plugin could not be made active because a DAEerror was encountered (error #-7401)" Sometimes followed by "try to increase H/W buffersettings...", while it is already on 1024! Then the system slows down dramatically, even after quiting Protools. All other thirdparty and digiplugins work just fine, even at hot cpuload. Even Waves 3.2 works... Called Waves on this and they say it has to do with the fact that PT takes 100% of cpu on the Windows taskmanager,. (while PT's cpumeter is on 10% or so...) Someone on DUC says he also has the 100% cpumetering, but CAN run the Waves 3.6 bundle? Does someone has simular experiences? greettzz,
freakofnature.
[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

freakofnature 12-22-2002 08:01 AM

solved after upgrading the bios from 1007 to 1011 (Asus A7V266EX mobu). so if anyone has simular problems, try upgrading the bios.
thx for the email- and phone support at Waves!
what i can't say for Digidesign; the only answer i got was: "we don't know what it could be, we'll forward your problem to our DAEcrew." haven't heard of them anymore... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
greettzz to y'all.