Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   ProTools 9 + Windows 7 - Access Violation Occurred (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=302714)

mbahnmil 06-12-2011 10:55 PM

ProTools 9 + Windows 7 - Access Violation Occurred

Hi all-

After having struggled to get Pro Tools 9 up and working and having it working for some time, it has suddenly decided not to open any for me. It starts loading plug-ins, and when it gets to XPand! I get an Access Violation Occurred error.

I am on Win7 64 bit with a Core i7-7xx series, 6 GB DDR3 RAM, with an update to 9.0.3 of ProTools (though that doesn't seem to matter - have reinstalled both 9.0.0 and 9.0.3)
I am using an MBox (how do I know what kind of MBox it is? It looks newish. My work bought it for me, so I don't know much about it, yet.)

I have tried uninstalling completely and re-installing. Uninstalling completely and reinstalling to a different hard drive. Uninstalling completely, removing all directories and reinstalling to another hard drive. I have defragged the computer, uninstalled extraneous applications, and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers from PaceAP.com

Any thoughts and help would be incredibly appreciated!

Thanks
m

BillDog793 06-13-2011 01:09 AM

Re: ProTools 9 + Windows 7 - Access Violation Occurred

A work around would be to locate the plugins folder ( normally c>common files>digidesign>dae>plugins) and locate the two xpand files; drag those into plugins(unused) (again located in the dae folder). Also are you using full installer or upgrading installer? I had an issue with xpand after upgrading, repairing with full installer fixed it for me though.

TOM@METRO 06-13-2011 03:16 AM

I had this issue also. It occurred because Xpand had 2 different library locations. After removing one of them, all is well.

mbahnmil 06-13-2011 03:54 PM

Gentlemen -

Thank you for your responses!

How do I know which installer I'm using? I installed 9.0.0 via CD and upgraded it every time there was an upgrade by downloading a massive file and performing the upgrade.

I'll try out your suggestions and report back.

Thanks very much!

m

mbahnmil 06-13-2011 06:16 PM

OK... So... I moved the XPand plugins to the unused folder. Then Ran PT. Same error, but this time for the plugin just *before* where XPand used to be. Moved that one. Reran PT. Same error... this time on the plugin before *that* one.

So... moved *all* plugins to the unused folder. Reran PT. Now, it gets to "Loading plug-ins", and, without having any plug-ins to load, I get the same error.

Thoughts?

mbahnmil 06-13-2011 09:34 PM

OK, the problem seems to have rectified itself. I completely uninstalled everything I could think of, deleted all relevant folders, reinstalled drivers and then Pro Tools, etc. It now loads! Wahoo.

Now I just have to figure out my output again!

Thanks for the help, guys.