Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   System 5 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Eucontrol download (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405004)

putney 05-31-2019 08:42 AM

Eucontrol download

1 Attachment(s)
We have an S5, but I have no download for EuconWS. The most recent we have is 3.6.1.
I was told that if we download pro tools control software to an iPad the Eucontrol download would populate in our account.

I'm not seeing that

Thanks

MarcOFB 05-31-2019 08:43 AM

Re: Eucontrol download

Eucontrol is for the artist series and the S3 IIRC, the S5 uses EuconWS. Should be in the pckage of files when you download S5 software from your avid acc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarcOFB 05-31-2019 08:44 AM

Download the S5 V6 software and it should be in there

BScout 05-31-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by putney (Post 2527954)
We have an S5, but I have no download for EuconWS. The most recent we have is 3.6.1.
I was told that if we download pro tools control software to an iPad the Eucontrol download would populate in our account.

I'm not seeing that

Thanks

You haven't registered the app, it seems. You not only have to download the Control app but you have to open and register it to your account. Then you will see it as Control app but if you open that line, you will see the Unified Installer.

BScout 05-31-2019 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcOFB (Post 2527955)
Eucontrol is for the artist series and the S3 IIRC, the S5 uses EuconWS. Should be in the pckage of files when you download S5 software from your avid acc.

Eucontrol uses a Unified installer for the last two versions. It includes not only the S3/Artist Mix software but the XMON control, Eucontrol Workstation, and EuconWS software.

MarcOFB 05-31-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BScout (Post 2527965)
Eucontrol uses a Unified installer for the last two versions. It includes not only the S3/Artist Mix software but the XMON control, Eucontrol Workstation, and EuconWS software.

I see that, however the euconWS would be the same 3.6.1 as he would get in the S5 V6 dow load. It was my understanding that he needed the euconWS, and was of the impression eucontrol was what he thought he needed for the S5. Which of course sounds confusing now that im reading this to myself :)

MarcOFB 05-31-2019 09:06 AM

However euconWS 3.6.1 IS the latest WS im pretty sure

BScout 05-31-2019 09:13 AM

The latest is EuconWS 4 something

There are now things appearing in 4.x that the System 5 will never support.

But the 3.x versions are old. The merge of Euphonix and Avid for software/products didn't happen smoothly so when they went to the newer version naming system, it wasn't apparent to Euphonix owners (including those who owned the silver Euphonix Artist controllers)

MarcOFB 05-31-2019 09:18 AM

Ah thank you for this cause im still running euconWS 3.6.1 ! Ill be sure to update asap.

Would you happen to know if digital monitoring would work with the SPL Madison? Cause then just 2 of those could substitute my 713 and 703

BScout 05-31-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcOFB (Post 2527977)
Would you happen to know if digital monitoring would work with the SPL Madison? Cause then just 2 of those could substitute my 713 and 703

Think you meant this for the other thread (so as not to get OT on this one) but the Madison is strictly 16 in x 16 out AD/DA (and you can chain 4 to use up the full MADI bandwidth.)

I'm unclear what you mean by "digital monitoring" but if you need AES out or SPDIF out, the Madison does not have this. Only MADI and analog.
If you want that, you might look at the SSL Alpha converter boxes.