Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S4/S6 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   M10 Fader meters not working (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=392333)

[email protected] 07-10-2017 02:52 AM

M10 Fader meters not working

My S6 M10 fader meters have stopped working. Also meters on main S6 display. Recently updated to 3.6.1 & PT 12.8 on a Mac running 10.12.5. Anyone got a clue how to resurrect them?

EddieJones 07-10-2017 05:52 PM

Re: M10 Fader meters not working

The meters use a different pipe than the rest of EUCON so this would most likely be a networking issue. As they are not working on both the Faders and Master Module I suspect its the source(Mac) where you should be looking. Try disabling the Firewall on the Mac first. I presume you have tried a full power cycle ?
Then uninstall WSControl and reinstall as this will reset the network settings.
let me know how you do?

[email protected] 07-10-2017 09:48 PM

Thanks for this. Will try ASAP

quadraphonics 07-11-2017 09:17 AM

I had this happen. The S6 needs to be connected to the first network configuration on your Network Panel (System Preferences>Network>Location). Basically, just move whatever connection is being used by the S6 to the top of the list.

Randall

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2440226)
My S6 M10 fader meters have stopped working. Also meters on main S6 display. Recently updated to 3.6.1 & PT 12.8 on a Mac running 10.12.5. Anyone got a clue how to resurrect them?

EddieJones 07-11-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadraphonics (Post 2440468)
I had this happen. The S6 needs to be connected to the first network configuration on your Network Panel (System Preferences>Network>Location). Basically, just move whatever connection is being used by the S6 to the top of the list.

Randall

You shouldn't need to do this if the network is configured correctly. How is the S6 network configured on your system, are you using the internal DHCP Server on the S6 or an external router for DHCP ?

[email protected] 07-11-2017 11:56 PM

The ethernet connection is direct via a Thunderbolt hub. So I assume internal DHCP server. No firewall. Full power cycle not needed as I switch everything off when not being used. It's worked perfectly until 3.6.1. Coincidence? Nothing else changed. It might be worth mentioning that the main screen sometimes flickers - maybe this is part of the same issue.

Tried putting the network configuration at the top - still not good.

[email protected] 07-12-2017 02:01 AM

Saxon from Jigsaw24 solved the issue. He told me to change the IP address in WS Control, reboot, and then change it back. Hey Presto. All working. But a very strange bug

EddieJones 07-12-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2440603)
It might be worth mentioning that the main screen sometimes flickers - maybe this is part of the same issue.

This is a known issue, logging out and back in helps when this happens

EddieJones 07-12-2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2440610)
Saxon from Jigsaw24 solved the issue. He told me to change the IP address in WS Control, reboot, and then change it back. Hey Presto. All working. But a very strange bug

Great, I'm glad this is solved. The network config must have got messed up. I'll check with the software team as to how this works and see if there's anything that could break.

quadraphonics 07-12-2017 01:20 PM

I am glad the OP got his question answered. Yes, this shouldn't matter - but it does. I have now had to do this on 3 separate M10s. All are using the internal DHCP and are direct connections to the computers controlling them.

Randall

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2440472)
You shouldn't need to do this if the network is configured correctly. How is the S6 network configured on your system, are you using the internal DHCP Server on the S6 or an external router for DHCP ?