Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 11 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Does PT 11 do replace regions? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=349900)

Calon 01-20-2014 03:27 AM

Does PT 11 do replace regions?

or is that still a HD thing?
or does even PT10 do replace regions?

also, any extra interesting instruments or plug-ins with PT 11?

i am just trying to decide whether to stick with PT - i have LE at the moment - or jump ship to cubase. can't afford both!

thanks.

Stig Eliassen 01-20-2014 05:45 AM

Re: Does PT 11 do replace regions?

Replacing audio clips (as a feature) is PT HD only.

What VIs and plugins that are interesting is a personal thing, and depends on the kind of work you do.

Pro Tools 11, as presented by Avid, and you can also check out a plethora of videos on Youtube.

mesaone 01-20-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calon (Post 2123332)
also, any extra interesting instruments or plug-ins with PT 11?

You mean ones that come bundled with PT11? A lot of the air stuff is great (Filter Gate, Lo-Fi, Vintage Filter, Phaser) and some of the instruments are good enough for me to come back to fairly often (Xpand2, Boom, Vacuum)

If you mean third-party instruments and stuff, well there are many. Particularly the Air Instrument Expansion Pack 2 is an awesome bundle, even at full-price.

evilstudios 01-20-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PT Lover (Post 2123351)

What VIs and plugins that are interesting is a personal thing, and depends on the kind of work you do.

Pro Tools 11, as presented by Avid, and you can also check out a plethora of videos on Youtube.

What do you mean by this. What is this feature you are talking about.
I have been on HD for years it is possible I use it all the time without knowing.
You don't mean shift option3 do you. that just fills a blank spot with nothing, instead of consolidating. If you could explain this to me that would be awesome. I don't learn enough about my HD capabilities as
I used to like to, maybe this be useful to me.

Stig Eliassen 01-20-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilstudios (Post 2123669)
What do you mean by this. What is this feature you are talking about.
I have been on HD for years it is possible I use it all the time without knowing.
You don't mean shift option3 do you. that just fills a blank spot with nothing, instead of consolidating. If you could explain this to me that would be awesome. I don't learn enough about my HD capabilities as
I used to like to, maybe this be useful to me.

You can replace a clip in a playlist with a clip in the clips list. Useful feature if you have, say, 100 clips of the same snare sample in a playlist, and later on decide to replace that with another sample from the clips list.

It's in the clips list drop-down menu.

Calon 01-21-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PT Lover (Post 2123351)

i meant stuff that actually ships with pt11 - have the plug-ins been upgraded
or added to . i realise there's loads of 3rd party plug-ins u can buy.
i have PT le 8 btw .

Stig Eliassen 01-22-2014 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calon (Post 2123974)
i meant stuff that actually ships with pt11 - have the plug-ins been upgraded
or added to . i realise there's loads of 3rd party plug-ins u can buy.
i have PT le 8 btw .

I believe the instruments are the same, with the addition of Structure Free. I skipped versions 8 and 9, so I don't really know.

I suggest that you look at PT 11's specifications and included content here, and then compare it to what you've already got.

Good luck.

evilstudios 01-22-2014 10:24 AM

i understand now.
I don't really use that much but the times i do it gives search criteria, So I think i am familiar with this i just didn't know the correct term. Thank you