Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Avid S1 Jiggly Faders (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=414355)

Defekt 03-05-2021 07:39 PM

Avid S1 Jiggly Faders

Hey everyone. Just added an S1 to my setup. Loving it so far. However I've noticed that when banking or spilling faders they immediately fly about 98% of the way to position, and then take a second to jiggle the rest of the way to their final spot. Is this normal operation? Is there a way to calibrate the faders so they don't go through this second of jiggling to get to where they are going? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
:confused:

IvanFR 03-05-2021 11:39 PM

Re: Avid S1 Jiggly Faders

Hi there, Same thing on mine, and it s really not quiet which doesn t feel like a professional product.
Don t know if it s the same on bigger devices like s6 or venue

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Defekt 03-09-2021 05:22 PM

Yeah. It’s quite loud. Kind of annoying actually. I wonder if this is just how it is, or if there is a way to fix it? It definitely seems out of place to me for a pro controller. :confused:

EddieJones 03-10-2021 10:39 AM

We are constantly improving this in firmware, if not on the latest please update the S1's. Its still not perfect so working on this more.

Defekt 03-10-2021 08:53 PM

Hello Eddie. Thanks for the response. I’m already on the latest firmware. Glad to know that a firmware fix could potentially fix this and there isn’t anything wrong with the unit.

EddieJones 03-10-2021 09:34 PM

FYI this 'jiggle' as in going fast most of the way then decelerating at the end was to prevent over shoot and then having to come back. It doesn't affect the audio in anyway.

Defekt 03-11-2021 09:34 PM

Interesting. Do the higher end S series consoles do the same thing?

EddieJones 03-12-2021 08:21 AM

No. We are working on making the lower end products better though.

swethington 03-13-2021 05:01 AM

I'm having this same issue but I really don't remember this happening when I bought the S1 early last summer. The faders definitely have a loud sort of 'chattering' movement as they move to position.

Another issue (possibly related?) I've been seeing recently is that when the S1 is connected, seemingly random stereo tracks will have one of the pan knobs reset to center at seemingly random times. It happens when I'm not touching the S1. Very odd. Any ideas if that's a related issue or firmware related?

EddieJones 03-13-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swethington (Post 2595904)
Another issue (possibly related?) I've been seeing recently is that when the S1 is connected, seemingly random stereo tracks will have one of the pan knobs reset to center at seemingly random times. It happens when I'm not touching the S1. Very odd. Any ideas if that's a related issue or firmware related?

This sounds like the known knob touch issue, usually knob 4 but can be others. Please contact support to get it swapped out.