Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Can't import QuickTime Video into Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=254242)

nbigsy 09-11-2009 08:49 AM

Can't import QuickTime Video into Pro Tools

I'm trying to import a QuickTime file into Pro Tools. The file will play fine in QuickTime, but as soon as I try to import it into PT, a message pops up saying, "Unable to import some files because QuickTime is not installed."

I tried reinstalling QuickTime AND PT, but it still pops up.

Any Ideas!!!!?????

spkguitar 09-11-2009 10:19 AM

Re: Can't import QuickTime Video into Pro Tools

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbigsy (Post 1457466)
I'm trying to import a QuickTime file into Pro Tools.

What kind of quick time file? (there are several). What format is it? How was the movie encoded?

Read THIS LINK, it might contain the solution you are looking for.

nbigsy 09-11-2009 10:41 AM

it is a .mov file.
I went to that link and it didnt work for me. I have already uninstalled each program and installed them again and again.

spkguitar 09-11-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbigsy (Post 1457515)
it is a .mov file.

What type of .mov file is it? (again, there is more than one).

Which numeric version of Quicktime do you have installed?
And again, how was the movie encoded?
What is the source application of the quicktime file?
Was it created with quicktime? If so, what version?

You said Pro Tools 7? Is it just Pro Tools 7.0? or are you on a point version (7.1, 7.3, 7.4).

nbigsy 09-11-2009 11:22 AM

I went to properties and all I could find on the file is that it is a .mov file. I downloaded it from my teacher's website so I'm not sure about any specifics.. I'm assuming that the source application was QuickTime.
I have the most recent QuickTime. Not sure what version. I just went to their website and got the free version.

I have Pro Tools LE 7.3

spkguitar 09-11-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbigsy (Post 1457551)
I have Pro Tools LE 7.3

Have you installed the latest cs release?
Quote:

I have the most recent QuickTime. Not sure what version. I just went to their website and got the free version.

OK, I am assuming 7.6.4? (click help in quicktime player and select "About QuickTime Player" to be sure).
Quote:

I went to properties and all I could find on the file is that it is a .mov file. I downloaded it from my teacher's website so I'm not sure about any specifics.. I'm assuming that the source application was QuickTime.

With the movie loaded into QuickTime player, press CTRL + I (or select Window->Show Movie Inspector from the menus). It will tell you all about the movie file.

Also, the problem you are having in your other thread ("problem with audio clock") may be a general hardware compatibility issue, and could relate to this problem.

nbigsy 09-12-2009 11:09 AM

Thanks for the information! I do have 7.6.4. The info for the clip is a MPEG-4 file

axelb247 09-12-2009 11:18 AM

This might seem really obvious, but you are using the "import video" "ctrl + shift + alt + i" option yeah? Thats what caught me out when I first started using PT, trying to import a video using "ctrl + shift + i" which can only be used for importing audio.

nbigsy 09-12-2009 11:26 AM

I have tried the ctrl alt [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] i before as well as the file, import, video. That still doesnt work.

nbigsy 09-12-2009 11:27 AM

bleep bleep bleep??? "ctrl + shift+alt+i"