Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   "You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed" error launching PT (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=389108)

ChrisMac 02-22-2017 04:38 PM

"You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed" error launching PT

Was running 12.7 all day and decided to upgrade to 12.7.1, now I get this message on launch

"you are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed by your license"

Now I can't run Pro Tools, help

jeffro 02-22-2017 04:39 PM

Re: Upgraded to 12.7.1 and now license not allowed

Will check it out...

jeffro 02-22-2017 04:51 PM

Started a support case for you, but you should be able to Sync your iLok and get back to work. Please look for a case notice email and reply to that if needed. Thanks!

More info

Rockmixer 67 02-22-2017 10:12 PM

I have the same issue, see ilok lic and update plan there. Been using 12.7 all day then upgrade to 12.7.1 and no go

jeffro 02-23-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockmixer 67 (Post 2414254)
I have the same issue, see ilok lic and update plan there. Been using 12.7 all day then upgrade to 12.7.1 and no go

Welcome to the community.

Checked your license and that looks correct. Can you please try the steps listed here and report back?

mastermixaudiomedia 02-23-2017 11:36 AM

Re: "You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed..." with PT 12.7

I'm getting the same behavior even after performing the procedure detailed above.

Back to 12.7 for now...

DigiTechSupt 02-23-2017 01:42 PM

Re: "You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed..." with PT 12.7

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastermixaudiomedia (Post 2414411)
I'm getting the same behavior even after performing the procedure detailed above.

Back to 12.7 for now...

Hi,

License seems to be okay on your iLok account. Please try the following:
Please try the following:
  1. Uninstall Lok License Manager, then install the current version from ilok.com/#!license-manager
  2. Restart your computer
  3. Launch iLok License Manager and Sign In
  4. Sync your iLok (right click on the specific iLok and select "Synchronize")
  5. In some cases it might be necessary to go to the iLok License Manager menu > Preferences > Licenses tab and click "Remove account data saved on computer" then click "Apply" then "OK" and Synchronize again
Let us know if the same issue occurs.

Thanks,
TD

misterwine 02-25-2017 04:27 PM

Has this worked?

misterwine 02-25-2017 06:08 PM

This is not working I have tried several times and i get no results same message, it really pisses me off that stuff like this happens on updates, come on Avid fix it I really am disappointed that we need to go through this over and over.

misterwine 02-26-2017 07:12 AM

update to version 12.7.1 and error newer version than allowed

I just did my update to version 12.7.1 and I get the following error message when I try to launch Pro Tools:

"You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed by your license...(etc)"

I tried all the solutions posted , Ilok reinstalled re linked etc, tried reinstalling pro tools no go.

Frustrating everything was fine on 12.7 and no response from Avid as usual.

Anyone got suggestions for a fix?