Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Soundtoys AAX news... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=328499)

audioluche 09-24-2012 06:01 AM

Soundtoys AAX news...

Hi,

Soundtoys has posted some news about AAX development on their facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/SoundToys

SoundToys
64bit in progress, and making headway. We have kept an eye on aspects of 64bit that cross over to AAX so when we're done with 64bit, we will be able to leap into AAX. AAX(DSP) is not in development. That will be on hold until we are done with 64bit. Once we begin AAX native, we will make the decision of doing or not doing AAX DSP, but right now, it's not in progress. That doesn't mean we won't do it, it just means we have to finish other things before making that decision.

I suggest that those who want to see Soundtoys AAX DSP in the future let them know that it's important. I would like to have Soundtoys DSP plugins available when i'll buy my new HDX rig for sure!

Thanks...

Luc

Cliffy_Boy 09-24-2012 07:01 AM

Re: Soundtoys AAX news...

I'm astounded that professional companies like Soundtoys are not embracing the AAX=DSP market. From Avid's point of view, porting AAX Native to AAX DSP is a simple job and not a daunting task like RTAS to TDM.

There is something awry here. First Waves, now Soundtoys.

Time to find a good Echoboy DSP replacement.

TOM@METRO 09-24-2012 08:20 AM

Without AAX DSP, I'll be pretty much done with Soundtoys.

tamasdragon 09-24-2012 08:36 AM

I think companies are waiting to see what happens to AAX DSP. I mean its future really depends on HDX sales. The vast majority of plugin developers seems to be cautious.

Although Waves seems to have less importance these days, their decision to not (yet) support DSP AAX may have a big impact on the others. Of course I can be completely wrong about this.

All in all, there are very few companies around who clearly expressed that they will support this new DSP platform. I hope many will.

John_Toolbox 09-24-2012 09:47 AM

I really hope they don't kill soundblender, but unfortunately, I think the writing is on the wall. My guess is that since they never wanted to make an RTAS version of soundblender, we won't see an AAX native version of it either... and if we don't get an AAX native version.... :(

michael c 09-24-2012 09:48 AM

I think this is ominous news. Not a fan of Digi/Avid plugs.....

audioluche 09-24-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliffy_Boy (Post 1966927)
I'm astounded that professional companies like Soundtoys are not embracing the AAX=DSP market. From Avid's point of view, porting AAX Native to AAX DSP is a simple job and not a daunting task like RTAS to TDM.

There is something awry here. First Waves, now Soundtoys.

Time to find a good Echoboy DSP replacement.

They did not say they wont do it. So it's important to make them know we want it!

SHIRK 09-24-2012 09:56 AM

Yeah, this is not good news. I really miss my Echoboy in DSP.

I'll definitely be voicing my opinion with SoundToys.

Marsdy 09-24-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StewartFang (Post 1967011)
Goodbye Soundtoys. It was pretty fun, but i could care less. I love being Waveless and Im pretty sure I can find clipping/saturation and tape delay elsewhere.

The only thing non DSP on sessions now is reverb...Izotope bye. Waves...Bye...soundtoys...say hi to URS for us will ya?

Hillarious how these companies think that getting rid of pro sales and catering to a base that will hack and steal your product in the wink of an eye, will be profitable down the road.

Whatevs.

Good luck finding an AAX DSP vintage/vibey delay plug-in.... And a non-Avid reverb, flanger or phaser that's any good or the Eventide character stuff.

michael c 09-24-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsdy (Post 1967013)
Good luck finding an AAX DSP vintage/vibey delay plug-in.... And a non-Avid reverb, flanger or phaser that's any good or the Eventide character stuff.

I agree. Why go DSP if the list of plug-ins (and some GREAT ones) aren't available. We have ALWAYS upgraded to the latest PT software and hardware, but we are staying with TDM until we see what happens with plug-ins. It is not unusual for us to have to redo a TV piece a year or 2 later......