Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HELPPPP!!!! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=105416)

Siddhant Bhatia 05-08-2004 02:13 AM

HELPPPP!!!!

I don't understand, but this sudden popping up of an error window that Says, NEO-ACCESS error has left me bewildered. The funniest part is .. there's no information about as to why and how this error comes about ...

I'm using Protools 6.1 on MAC G4 with Less than 1GB of RAM ... have lots of diskspace ... but still suddenly after a period of 3 years of Usage ... THIS ERROR ... !!!

Anyone who has any experience about this ... please help me .... my work's STUCK!!

Yours,
Siddhant Bhatia

DC11 05-08-2004 03:41 AM

Re: HELPPPP!!!!

I've had that problem before. It happened whenever I transfered certain sessions that were backed up on CD. It hasn't happened on all of them, just a few. It didn't show the error until I hit stop after recording a vocal take. It was like I never tracked it. Just wiped it out. The way I "fixed" it was I had the person reburn the session and then it was fine. I don't know why it happened or it that is the proper fixing method, but it worked for me.

What are more details of how it's happening on yours.

Rail Jon Rogut 05-08-2004 08:30 AM

I just had the same issue with 6.2 at a studio yesterday running 10.2.8 -- turned out that if I copied the session to a different drive or saved to another drive it was okay -- so I copied the whole drive's contents to another drive and continued working... I plan to go back and reformat the original drive and reformat it later. Diskwarrior didn't help fix the issue, nor Apple's Disk Utility.

I didn't have time to try deleting all the DigiBase folders.. which may be the culprit.

Rail

Slideman 05-08-2004 08:56 AM

Re: HELPPPP!!!! *DELETED*

Post deleted by Slideman

Dutchmuzik 05-08-2004 09:41 AM

I have had the same problem since 6.4. I think it has to do with the auto session save feature and allocating it to a drive that is not indicated as a transfer or record drive.

gives 05-10-2004 01:48 AM

This is an old problem covered in older versions of Protools. You should update if you are on 6.1 ..I had this problem with 2GB of memory installed. I was told to uninstall one of the chips to make it under 2GB for ex. 1.5GB of memory. That solved my problem.

I will include an answerbase answer for you here, but look at several answerbase solutions as soon as possible.
This is a known issue with 2 Gigs of RAM installed on Mirror Door Drive G4's and Pro Tools 6.0.x. With Pro Tools 6.0.x, the only solution is to remove some RAM from the cpu so that 1.5 GB or less of RAM is installed.

This problem is fixed with Pro Tools 6.1, in both LE and TDM versions. From the Pro Tools TDM 6.1 Read Me:

Fixes in Pro Tools TDM 6.1

Pro Tools 6.1 includes fixes for a number of issues with Pro Tools 6.0. Only the most important are listed here, but we recommend
that all users of Pro Tools 6.0 update to 6.1 for the best possible performance.

“NeoAccess Error” when attempting to launch Pro Tools 6.0 with 2 GB RAM installed (Item #33836)
When launching Pro Tools 6.0 on computers with more than 1.5 GB of RAM installed, a “NeoAccess Error” was encountered.
This problem has been fixed.

ID:26839 Created:06/05/2003

Ex2
In one case trashing Pro Tools preferences, DAE Prefs folder, DigiSetup, and the Digidesign Databases folder on both the system and audio drives fixed the problem.

This was seen on a PowerBook G4 system with a FireWire audio drive
Ex3
ID:26668 Created:04/24/2003
In one case an attached FireWire drive caused this error, even though the drive was not being used by Pro Tools. Disconnecting the Fire Wire drive stopped the Neo Access Error.

Tech Support recommended that the user reinitialize the drive with the Apple OS X Disk Utility.

ID:26657 Created:04/17/2003

Ex4
Pro Tools 6.0 does not launch in new MDD (Mirrored Drive Door) G4's if 2GigaBytes of RAM (max possible) is installed.

This is fixed in Pro Tools 6.0.1 and 6.1 and higher. This error exists in Pro Tools 6.0 on all systems, and in 6.0.2 with Digi 002 systems.

ID:26323 Created:02/12/2003

DigiTechSupt 05-10-2004 02:19 PM

Hi,

The other things that can cause this error are corrupt Digidesign Database folder or screwy permissions. You can resolve these by trashing the Digidesign Databases folders on the root of all of you r mounted volumes and running the Apple disk utility and repairing disk permissions on your system drive. The RAM limitation should not be an issue in 6.1.

Thanks,

Digidesign Tech Support

mikeymystery 05-23-2004 11:19 AM

I am having the same problem. Ive tried disk utility and saving session copies to my hard drive and desktop in an effort to avoid it but it doesnt seem to work. (still get neo access error upon stopping rec) Ill admit I am not a gifted Mac man so I may have done this wrong. Im curious about the idea of trashing database foloders to fix it, but I could use more step by step instucions. If anyone can help I really apperciate it. Im using PT 6.2.2 on a G4 and embarassingly enough I dont know how much RAM I have or how to check it.

Maybe Im a 4-track man....

thanks
Mike

DigiTechSupt 05-23-2004 04:40 PM

Hi,

Trashing your databases is easy just look on the root of all of your mounted our drives. Basically double-click on your system drive and look at the list folders, look for one called Digidesign Databases, drag this folder to trash. Do the same thing for every drive or partition on your system. Empty or trash, launch ProTools, and see if it resolves your issue. You can see how much RAM you have by looking under the blue Apple logo in the upper left-hand corner in selecting About This Mac, it will show you your MacOS version, your processor speed, and the amount of RAM you have installed. Hope this helps,

Thanks,
Digidesign Tech Support

mikeymystery 05-29-2004 10:08 AM

Thanks so much for the help. I trashed the databases and everythings back to normal.

You guys rule!
Mike