Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Relab LX480 and Seventh Heaven (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=414004)

Sparky1 02-09-2021 09:06 AM

Relab LX480 and Seventh Heaven

Hi there...

So I've been flip-flopping between these 2 reverb purchases.

I like the idea and sound of Lexicon hardware - and am not really familiar with the Bricasti products

I can only justify purchasing one of these at this time.

I play and record mostly acoustic type music with vocals...

The Relab product is a bit more expensive than the Seventh Heaven

They both sound good - for different reasons - which makes the decision a little tougher...

Has anyone else had to decide between these 2 - or have any insight why I might want one over the other? I kinda grew up liking the Lexicon reverbs and wonder if that is swaying me towards the Relab - which can be good and not so good...

Thanks,

Sparky

albee1952 02-09-2021 01:57 PM

Re: Relab LX480 and Seventh Heaven

Just to confuse your brain a bit more, see if you can demo the Slate Verbsuite Classics. That offers both Lexicon and Bricasti sounds. In all honesty, having used most every reverb(except AltiVerb), either of the 2 you mention are quite capable(as is the Slate and many others). The Bricasti was built(as I understand it) by ex-Lexicon people and most seem to rate the Bricasti as the best reverb ever(I actually have a batch of Bricasti IR's that I use in Avid Space). But, despite have the Slate and the Bricasti IR's, I still end up using IK Multimedia's Classik Reverb plate and room on most of my mixes(pop/rock/country):o. My 2 cents; if neither is a clear winner for you, buy the one that fits your budget:D

Southsidemusic 02-09-2021 03:49 PM

Are you asking about Hardware or plugins? ...

JFreak 02-09-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2592896)

He does not know. But let us just say Bricasti and Eventide hardware have something extra compared to plugins. Though I usually nowadays only use plugins created by Mr.Lexicon (Exponential Audio that is)

albee1952 02-09-2021 04:18 PM

I assumed the OP was referring to plugins as Relab is only a plugin. If its hardware, the Bricasti M7 is damn near unbeatable:o

Sparky1 02-09-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2592896)

Plugins...

Sparky1 02-09-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2592882)
JThe Bricasti was built(as I understand it) by ex-Lexicon people and most seem to rate the Bricasti as the best reverb ever(I actually have a batch of Bricasti IR's that I use in Avid Space).

I did not know this... I wonder if that's why these 2 kinda stick out for me... being that the same people had something to do with them...

Thanks,

Sparky

Sparky1 02-09-2021 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2592908)
I assumed the OP was referring to plugins as Relab is only a plugin. If its hardware, the Bricasti M7 is damn near unbeatable:o

Correct...

Thanks,

Sparky

Sparky1 02-09-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2592882)
My 2 cents; if neither is a clear winner for you, buy the one that fits your budget:D

That's the problem - I could justify one of them - but not both right now... :confused:

Thanks,

Sparky

Stephen Bond 02-10-2021 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2592898)
He does not know. But let us just say Bricasti and Eventide hardware have something extra compared to plugins.

Yeah a massive price tag and cumbersome physicality to lumber around too :D

I happy the old days have gone. Glad I'm not spending thousands of $$$ any longer on code to be run in 19" boxes than can be run on a laptop CPU for a fraction of the cost.

Stephen