Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   HDX - CPU Errors - really???? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406261)

anguswoodhead 09-10-2019 06:32 PM

HDX - CPU Errors - really????

5 Attachment(s)
Installed my newly refurbished HDX card last night
Still getting the dreaded CPU error / stop
This is doing my head in.
It's only a small session too.....
Any help appreciated.

anguswoodhead 09-10-2019 06:33 PM

Re: HDX - CPU Errors - really????

3 Attachment(s)
my Mac Pro specs....

BScout 09-10-2019 06:46 PM

I'd look at:

Antelope Audio Orion 32 HD

as your issue. Do you have another hardware interface to connect?

YYR123 09-10-2019 10:08 PM

HDX - CPU Errors - really????

So I would trash prefs and create a new session to see if the problem follows

If it does, then I would look at plugs as culprits....

If removing them doesn’t fix it, then I would check my drivers for everything

clivvy 09-11-2019 01:40 AM

this has been an on going problem in HD native also is Avid going to take care of this we are all paying customers we demand a fix!

JFreak 09-11-2019 03:36 AM

I don't have this problem on my Apogee Symphony II no matter if I connect it via HDN or TB.

So as said, the problem is likely -- as the error msg says -- in clocking. In other words the interface. It may be simply cable going bad or something more serious, but if it doesn't happen everywhere and especially when you use 3rd party interface, you really cannot put the blame on Avid until you have gone through troubleshooting everything else.

Also 2009 model Mac Pro that says 5,1 means you have flashed it to 2010 model, which means your computer isn't in factory specs any longer. It may or may not contribute to the problem.

And finally; is there a reason you aren't running 2019.5 which reportedly works wonderfully? You should at least try whether it fixes your problem.

Eric Seaberg 09-18-2019 09:05 PM

I have the problem on most of our systems... 3-HD Native and 1-HDX2. I purposefully have to open a new session and record 'nothing' on any track until I get the error. Once that happens, I'm good to go as long as I don't quit the app.

Been this way for quite a while.

BTW, our HDX-2 system is a MacPro Tower 2x2.4GHz 6-core with 40GB RAM. All IO on that system is via MADI from an SSL C200 console using SSL's MADI X-8 router. This system is in an HD Video truck and has had it's share of issues with 128-channels of IO, but we have a great backup recording system using two JoeCo 64-channel MADI recorders. Brainless... and they've saved me multiple times. Too bad we have to pay such 'fees' to Avid and still use something else as a backup.

anguswoodhead 12-19-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2537713)
I don't have this problem on my Apogee Symphony II no matter if I connect it via HDN or TB.

So as said, the problem is likely -- as the error msg says -- in clocking. In other words the interface. It may be simply cable going bad or something more serious, but if it doesn't happen everywhere and especially when you use 3rd party interface, you really cannot put the blame on Avid until you have gone through troubleshooting everything else.

Also 2009 model Mac Pro that says 5,1 means you have flashed it to 2010 model, which means your computer isn't in factory specs any longer. It may or may not contribute to the problem.

And finally; is there a reason you aren't running 2019.5 which reportedly works wonderfully? You should at least try whether it fixes your problem.

Thanks for your thoughts.
A high end engineer I trust recommended High Sierra and 2018.12 as a stable combo.
What should I be using in your opinion please?
I do have a current subscription.
I need OSX (I do not have a metal video card) and PT version that will run best together.
Thanks in advance.

JFreak 12-19-2019 09:03 PM

People have been reporting very good Mojave experience after upgrading GPU

BScout 12-19-2019 09:04 PM

High Sierra + 2019.6