Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Extra Time Added To Bounces (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=403459)

Steve@ZooWest 02-18-2019 11:39 AM

Extra Time Added To Bounces

This is driving me crazy. I'm sure it's some simple pref or something I'm just not aware of.

When I do offline bounces, there is often an extra 2 second pad added at the end and beginning of the file. It doesn't show up though until I "pull" it out, so unless I remember to always check, I'm often sending clients or associates working rough mixes that have a painful 2 seconds of silence at the top of the tune. I thought it might be pre-roll, but that's not it.

help.

Windows 10 Pro, PT 12.4

mjslakeridge 02-18-2019 02:19 PM

Re: Extra Time Added To Bounces

Are you highlighting the part of the song to bounce? If not it will bounce the length of the longest track in the session.

amagras 02-18-2019 02:40 PM

Including hidden tracks

Southsidemusic 02-18-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amagras (Post 2517011)
Including hidden tracks

Good catch!

Yeah we learned the hard way that hidden tracks were affecting the timeline which in hindsight makes perfect sense but at the time we didn’t know about that hehe

Steve@ZooWest 02-18-2019 03:27 PM

I usually select a marker and shift click another marker. Occasionally, however, I highlight a previous mix to delineate the desired length.

The Weed 02-18-2019 03:55 PM

Handles?

Steve@ZooWest 02-18-2019 04:13 PM

I've never purposely used handles - don't know what they are!

Update: okay, now I know what they are. Interestingly, when I tested handles by equing a track and selecting "clip by clip", the default length in the bottom of the window was 2 seconds, which is exactly what the added length (at both ends) is when I do my offline bounces. But I see nothing in the interface window when I bounce that enables or disables handles.

I'll be more intentional moving forward to see if this behavior only occurs when I'm using markers, or if perhaps it's when I'm highlighting a previous audio file to delineate length.

The Weed 02-19-2019 05:30 AM

Look in Preferences. You can set the handle length there. I don't know for sure that that is the issue, just mentioning it in case it is.

EGS 02-19-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve@ZooWest (Post 2517021)
I usually select a marker and shift click another marker...

Yes!!! I create markers called "Start" & "End"; make sure "End" is after reverb tail. Click start, shift click end. Bounce.