Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mbox 1st Gen Drivers (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=397065)

Sales Monkey 02-08-2018 07:26 AM

Mbox 1st Gen Drivers

I downloaded this driver....PolyTec USB ASIO Driver 2.8.4. (64 bit)
its a demo so every 30 seconds I get BEEP!.....Beep! :mad:
Does anybody know where I can get a driver that actually works?

This is the equipment that I am using Yeti pro mi (xlr)/mbox 1/ windows 7 and I apologize in advance for the total noob question, just getting with voice over work and a friend gave me the Mbox :)

The Weed 02-08-2018 07:47 AM

Re: Mbox 1st Gen Drivers

The Mbox 1 is long discontinued and, IIRC, only worked up to PT 8.0.1. And its drivers were installed with and in the PT install, so no PT, no drivers. Plus, W7 compatibility was only added to PT 8.0.5, so that Mbox 1 is not what you want and isn't going to work with any other driver. Look at a small 2 in 2 out interface like a Focusrite 2i2 and, if you don't need Pro Tools, use Reaper or Audacity.

OR, since that Mic appears to be XLR or USB, just use it and its driver USB with Reaper or Audacity.

Sales Monkey 02-08-2018 08:44 AM

Thanks for the reply.. I have the aforementioned driver installed which works fine with audacity just need to get rid of that freakin beep.. so no drivers anywhere ????
how is it that this driver works?
they of course offered to sell me the unlocked version for $60.00usd

Ben Jenssen 02-08-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sales Monkey (Post 2474144)
Thanks for the reply.. I have the aforementioned driver installed which works fine with audacity just need to get rid of that freakin beep.. so no drivers anywhere ????
how is it that this driver works?
they of course offered to sell me the unlocked version for $60.00usd

I own this driver. Yes it works, at least it did 100% when I used it for a few years to squeeze a bit more out of an original mbox. Perfectly good vendor, good service. Don't be scared by the east-european characters on the web page. I say buy it, if you can't afford a new interface.

Sales Monkey 02-08-2018 12:25 PM

Ben, thanks for the info, I dont have an issue with the fact they are from Germany just that they want 60 bucks for a driver to use a 15+ year old piece of equipment, I can get a refurd scarlet 2i2 for 79.99 doesnt seem like a good deal...

albee1952 02-08-2018 12:35 PM

You have nothing to loose here, so I would uninstall the Polytech drive and install ASIO4ALL(which is free). That might work in audacity or reaper, but probably won't in any version of Pro Tools:o

Sales Monkey 02-08-2018 01:07 PM

albe1952 thanks for the heads up...that should be cool as I dont use protools :)

SKI 02-12-2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sales Monkey (Post 2474118)
I downloaded this driver....PolyTec USB ASIO Driver 2.8.4. (64 bit)
its a demo so every 30 seconds I get BEEP!.....Beep! :mad:
Does anybody know where I can get a driver that actually works?

This is the equipment that I am using Yeti pro mi (xlr)/mbox 1/ windows 7 and I apologize in advance for the total noob question, just getting with voice over work and a friend gave me the Mbox :)

He wasn't a friend :p