Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Space not able to 'see' all the presets that were created with TL Space (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=350400)

ArKay99 01-24-2014 08:19 AM

Space not able to 'see' all the presets that were created with TL Space

I and a few others were not able to 'see' all the presets that were created with TL Space and there was a bit of confusion, at least for me and the few I posted with regarding that. I finally figured out after a few hours of head scratching that I had to find my old TL Space presets folder and individually import each preset to Space. I didn't have a lot of them but I assume there are many others that have tons of presets and this would, in those instances, create a lot of work for them. I may have missed it, but I didn't find any info on the best practice to accomplish that part of the transition and had to arrive at my solution through guesswork...and I'm still not sure if my solution would be considered a 'best practice'.

nigelpry 01-25-2014 03:15 PM

Re: Space (AAX/Native) not authorizing Space 11.1

Also, originally mentioned in other threads, but never really answered ....

TL Space installers back in the olden days apparently used to install a set of presets. I'm not talking about installing IR packs that you download separately from the TL Space installer. I'm talking about presets that would be selected from the Presets drop down box. Those presets are based on various IRs.

By the time I got TL Space, in 2008, the installer no longer installed any presets. In fact, I didn't know that there had ever been any presets originally.

Then, in 2013, I came across a DUC thread about TL Space, in which someone back in 2010 had mentioned this situation, and another user offered to share those presets to anyone who needed them. They just needed to PM him.

Of course, I tried that, out of curiosity, but never got a reply, so I guess the user no longer frequents these parts.

But the question still remains .... are there people here who still have presets that were created by the early TL Space installers, and, if so, are they willing to share them?

Perhaps even better though, would be .... does Avid still have access to those presets, and is Avid willing to release them for people to use?

It seems a shame that, apparently, there does exist a variety of presets, that presumably load specific impulse responses and tweak various parameters of TL Space away from their default state. It would be nice to have access to those presets.

Any offers, from Avid or any DUC user who still has these and is willing to share them, will be met with grateful thanks and the offer of a pint of Robinsons (Stockport's finest beer) if you are ever in my vicinity ;-)

Come on now, someone must have them, surely .... unless they are a myth perpetuated by other DUC'ers ?

bradch00 01-25-2014 10:29 PM

I have some 2004 Trillium Lane Labs disks with TL Space, I can check tomorrow by installing it on my wife's old PPC iMac (while she ain't looking) and see if any presets get installed. Honestly don't remember that far back if there were presets, but will let you know if there's any success.

nigelpry 01-26-2014 03:20 AM

bradch00 ... thanks for volunteering to have a look.

I tracked down the original thread ...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...l+space+preset

When you sift through all the posts in that thread, It seems the crux of it is that people lost the presets, or they were no longer installed, from the time of updates associated with the PT7.4 update. That is the version I came in at, so it explains why I never had any presets installed, I just had access to all the IRs that were available via the IR library, but no presets based on 'tweaked' TL Space parameters.

Interestingly, it was crizdee (I'd forgotten that .... I'm sure he's still around the DUC isn't he?) who had shared the presets with other users, but the link he set up back then has not worked for some time.

Maybe the presets are worth having, maybe they're not, but it would be nice to be able to check them out and decide for ourselves. Of course this all assumes that the IRs on which those presets will be dependant have remained unchanged.

Hanswurstlsepp 01-26-2014 09:24 AM

In case someone needs it, I uploaded my settings.

Download here.

Here's a screenshot of the content:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e_Settings.png

nigelpry 01-27-2014 03:40 AM

Presumably the 'Acousticas' settings are designed to work with Acousticas IRs?

And for settings using Space's own IRs, it seems you just have the one preset per category that we've all got as part of the Space AAX install.

Thanks for the response anyway.

bradch00 01-27-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nigelpry (Post 2126125)
Presumably the 'Acousticas' settings are designed to work with Acousticas IRs?

And for settings using Space's own IRs, it seems you just have the one preset per category that we've all got as part of the Space AAX install.

Thanks for the response anyway.

I PM'd you with my findings….

Oliver M 01-28-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanswurstlsepp (Post 2125898)
In case someone needs it, I uploaded my settings.

Download here.

Here's a screenshot of the content:

Steffen,

you retained these by simply renaming the old TL Space settings folder into Space, correct?

nigelpry 01-28-2014 05:49 PM

OK,

So I now have the presets that came with TL Space prior to PT7.4 (Thanks you know who!). There are 48 of them, spread across 8 categories. A handful have the same names as the presets installed with the Space AAX installer.

They still work, in both TL Space in PT10 and Space in PT11. As TL Space and Space each have their own plugin settings folder, where the presets are stored, I had to copy the presets to both places to get them to appear in each version.

While I've not had chance to test creating my own presets as yet, the above is worth knowing because it would seem that if you create a preset in, say, TL Space, you will only get it to appear in Space if you manually copy the preset across from plugin settings folder to the other, and vice versa.

Hanswurstlsepp 01-29-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver M (Post 2126823)
Steffen,

you retained these by simply renaming the old TL Space settings folder into Space, correct?

Yes and no ;)

As I have a new system HD (installed from scratch) I had no (TL)Space PlugInSettingsFolder yet.

After installing the new Space PlugIn, there was of course then a dedicated "Space PugInSettingsFolder". Then I simply copied the TL Space PlugInSettings from my old OSX10.8 HD over to the Space PlugIns Folder.