Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Getting Started (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Media Composer First activation (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=402227)

KeyplayerG 12-03-2018 08:05 AM

Media Composer First activation

I just downloaded Media Composer First (Windows Version), so that I could try it out. I followed the instructions given in the email with the links. The install went fine. But when I launched the app, I got a message saying that no license was found and it aborted the launch. :eek:

I went back to the email to find out where I was supposed to get said license that was never mentioned before and found there were NO INSTRUCTIONS to that end anywhere in the email.

I went to ask at the Media Composer Forum 101. It said I had to join. When I selected the Join Link, it told me to type in my account information, which I did. It then showed my screen name like it does here. But when I tried to ask the question there, it said that I couldn't post any questions.

Can anybody here help me figure this out, Eddie Jones? :(:confused:

albee1952 12-03-2018 08:29 AM

Re: Hey Eddie, I have to ask here

Open your iLok Manager and see if there is a Media Composer license in the "Available Licenses" section. If there is, drag it to your iLok.:o

KeyplayerG 12-03-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2507897)
Open your iLok Manager and see if there is a Media Composer license in the "Available Licenses" section. If there is, drag it to your iLok.:o

There isn't one. I don't understand it. My Avid Account shows it as the latest product added along with the FX bundle. :confused:

I went into my account and linked my iLok Mgr. to it. But nothing changed in the actual License. Should I start from scratch and download it again?

KeyplayerG 12-03-2018 09:33 AM

I downloaded the Application Manager and it showed Media Composer as not activated. I loaded in the System ID number, but I'm not seeing an Activation Code (also NOT included in the download email! :mad:).

How/Where do I get that?

KeyplayerG 12-03-2018 09:56 AM

What a PITA this is!!!! :mad:

I tried launching MC First from the Application Manager. It gave me the option to launch as Media Composer First, hence apparently, NOT REQUIRING AN ACTIVATION CODE. Great, now we're getting somewhere. I selected that option. It opened halfway and asked for a license for an old Drumagog VSTi to continue (WTH?!!?). :confused::eek: I told it to skip that.

Then it said that it couldn't find all of the old or updated plugs. There was a very long list of those. When it couldn't find them, it failed to open.

Seriously? I've been trying to launch this damned program for 3 straight hours!! :mad:

Bob L 12-03-2018 05:34 PM

1. Who is Eddie Jones?
2. Why are you asking about Media Composer (any version) authorization problems on the Pro Tools forum?
3. Two words - "DaVinci Resolve".
4. I hope you solve your problem. :D

JFreak 12-03-2018 08:20 PM

Re: Media Composer First activation

i'm also struggling with this. several restarts needed and starting process goes a little further but so far it has always hanged and needed to be force quit

KeyplayerG 12-04-2018 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob L (Post 2507983)
1. Who is Eddie Jones?

He's a Moderator and Avid Tech.

Quote:

2. Why are you asking about Media Composer (any version) authorization problems on the Pro Tools forum?

No clue. When I started posting this question, I was NOT on this page. But, as I mentioned, The MC page wouldn't let me post the question.

Quote:

3. Two words - "DaVinci Resolve".

It's on my list. Will it work with Artist Series Controllers?

Quote:

4. I hope you solve your problem. :D

Thank you very much. At present I'm about to un-install Media Composer and move on. :mad: