Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AIR Mini Grand: no 'long' sound, just short notes (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=383158)

dvdr 08-05-2016 01:09 PM

AIR Mini Grand: no 'long' sound, just short notes

Just upgraded from Pro Tools free to 12.5.2.
When I first created an Instrument track, I could assign Mini Grand and play on its virtual keyboard via the mouse. No problems, held notes were long, I could change the sounds and settings.
Shortly after, Mini Grand only produced super-short sounds (pitch as per the key I hit), but no real, long sound - neither via the virtual keyboard on the screen nor with my midi-keyboard.
Exchanging Mini Grand with Xpand!2 produced perfect results, so my keyboard or any other midi settings seem not to be the culprit.
I reinstalled the the Air Instrument collection, but no change. I rebooted everything, no change. I created a new session from scratch: no change

Mini Grand will only produce a super short sound, and that's it....

I hope, someone will be able to help me.

Thanks!

protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Mini-Grand-plays-only-the-attack-of-each-note-macOS-Sierra/262663-3779
avid.force.com/pkb/articles/troubleshooting/PT-223601

cwsand 08-30-2016 10:49 AM

Re: Air Mini Grand: no "long" sound, just short notes...

Hi, Usually when this happens to me, it's my keyboard controller sending double note signals. You might check to make sure that isn't happening.

musicman691 08-31-2016 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwsand (Post 2378317)
Hi, Usually when this happens to me, it's my keyboard controller sending double note signals. You might check to make sure that isn't happening.

Or it's MIDI echo that's creating the double notes.

jeam25 09-09-2016 01:50 PM

Hi remember to delete databases and pref . just in case ! :-)

leftalive 10-09-2016 09:21 PM

I'm quite suddenly having the same issue, under 12.6. Did you ever figure it out?

Deleted prefs and DBs, reinstalled mini grand and the .big file, tried a new session. Nothing works.

All my other soft synths seem fine, it's only Mini Grand that I'm having a problem with.

Southsidemusic 10-09-2016 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftalive (Post 2387855)
I'm quite suddenly having the same issue, under 12.6. Did you ever figure it out?

Deleted prefs and DBs, reinstalled mini grand and the .big file, tried a new session. Nothing works.

All my other soft synths seem fine, it's only Mini Grand that I'm having a problem with.

This is on Sierra right?

leftalive 10-10-2016 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2387871)
This is on Sierra right?

(sigh...) Yep.

(My sig was a little out of date. Fixed now...)

Southsidemusic 10-10-2016 02:15 AM

We have to wait for a fix as Sierra isn't supported yet and there are quirks to be ironed out so no fix as of yet.

leftalive 10-10-2016 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2387884)
We have to wait for a fix as Sierra isn't supported yet and there are quirks to be ironed out so no fix as of yet.

Rats. I was afraid of that. Thanks for the confirmation though. ;)

Peter Duemmler 10-10-2016 08:53 AM

I have the same problem with Structure and Sierra...