Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   drooling yet ? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=45476)

John H 04-29-2002 03:19 PM

drooling yet ?

Apple just released the new 800Mhz TiBook.

It's got a L3 cache at last, a DVI connector so you can hook up to an apple monitor and Apple have finally given us Audio in aswell as out!

If you're not as strapped for cash as me this is going to make for a monster setup given how the recent benchmarks results on this site for protools LE on the more recent G4 models were faster than most of the Pentium 4 results on the old Dave C thread, we're still around 40% slower than the Athlon XP systems but who cares, this is a TiBook.

trew 04-29-2002 09:35 PM

Re: drooling yet ?

Yes I'm drooling.

And fantasizing, too. About a firewire protools interface with TWO sets of adat I/Os. Is that possible?

Munxcub 04-29-2002 10:12 PM

when you really think about it, why wouldnt it be possible. anything is possible if they want to make it. i'm waiting to see when mbox is out for palm pilots [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

moosemaster 04-29-2002 10:21 PM

After reading this, I'm my OWN palm pilot.

SAMP 04-30-2002 09:59 AM

I'm having a crisis here. Groceries or new gear? Groceries or new gear... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

trackfive 04-30-2002 11:20 AM

with horsepower like that and FireWire ports, forget the cheesy little MBox...let's talk Digi 002 FireWire rackmount I/O box...come on Digi...catch up to MOTU and release some innovative products...stop catering to the PC people with laptops with only USB...

Doc 04-30-2002 09:49 PM

moose,
Quote:

After reading this, I'm my OWN palm pilot.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Actually, I'm drooling over PTHD. Just got the DVD and a 192 I/O with an 8 channel analog expansion card looks nice. Or a couple of 96 I/O's..... Groceries or new gear indeed. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

moosemaster 05-01-2002 06:55 AM

Quite.
I do understand the need to bathe in Baluga caviar every other day, but when you're up to a case Moet a week then there may be other areas you can cut back... the cat's gold thread dental floss strictly once a day, that sorta thing.
I know, I know... these are hard times.

vf124 05-01-2002 01:05 PM

>"forget the cheesy little MBox..."

My "lil blues box" is soon to be hooked up to a BTO TiBook 800 w/ a 60 gig hd [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

trackfive 05-01-2002 01:09 PM

kirkland...think about it...the only reason they went USB (universal suck bus) is because how many PC laptops do you know that come standard with FireWire ports????..............I'm still waiting.............of course...none...I've never seen one...only Macs are at that level now....even the majority of PC desktops don't have FireWire built-in. They made it USB because they knew they would make money off the PC market too. They just haven't got the software done for it yet...it's that simple...the Mbox is a weak, plastic, over-priced, buggy (from what I've been reading) audio interface stuffed into a cable modem shell... compared to other USB interfaces on the market, ie. the M-Audio stuff, it's inferior...take off your Digi glasses and you'll see.