Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2020 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   What is the DX driver for, & do I need it? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=411371)

MichaelK 08-02-2020 12:45 PM

What is the DX driver for, & do I need it?

What is this driver for? Who would need it?

Thanks --

Darryl Ramm 08-02-2020 01:29 PM

Re: What is the DX driver for, & do I need it?

It's support for video hardware. If you needed it you would know. You can search for past posts explaining what it is on DUC.

Eric Lambert 08-02-2020 06:29 PM

Owners of particular video hardware, which most of us don't use, would need it. You can safely leave it as it's not likely to cause issues or eat resources.

MichaelK 08-03-2020 10:54 AM

Thank you!

Searching this forum is pointless. It yields nothing but a list of every single thread containing the phrase in the search field. E.g. try searching for “DX driver” and finding a post in the first hundred results that explains what it is.

Darryl Ramm 08-03-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelK (Post 2574236)
Thank you!

Searching this forum is pointless. It yields nothing but a list of every single thread containing the phrase in the search field. E.g. try searching for “DX driver” and finding a post in the first hundred results that explains what it is.

google...

DX Driver site:duc.avid.com

First search result answers your question.

DUC built in search is next to useless. (sorry, I normally try to say that with any "try search" comments, forgot it in this case).

Eric Lambert 08-03-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelK (Post 2574236)
Thank you!

It was easy enough to just answer your question right here. ;)

Darryl Ramm 08-03-2020 03:49 PM

And I did.

And if folks know to use Google search here they could answer many questions themselves without needing to wait. If it was up to me I'd stick a "Search with Google" label up top of the forum and try to hide the near useless forum search.

MichaelK 08-04-2020 10:20 AM

And now, even someone using the forum search might get the answer in seconds, when this thread comes up!

Darryl, I've been using Google 20+ years and didn't know that command. Very helpful and I really appreciate it.