Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Elastic Audio Freezes/Hangs Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=368174)

critza 05-25-2015 07:10 AM

Elastic Audio Freezes/Hangs Pro Tools

Hello, i have been experiencing this issue with both my computers and now i am working on a song, and in 15 minutes Pro Tools has crashed/hanged twice.
I activate Elastic Audio on a track , set it to ticks and start putting out warp markers after it has analyzed the audio, and suddenly i get the beachball and pro tools stops responding. I have left it on for minutes and then i have to force quit pro tools and restart it.

I am now on a

Mac Pro 2013
12 Core 2.7GHz
16GB Ram

HD Native (in a Sonnet Echo Express SE II Thunderbolt 2) + Omni

Recording drive
OWC Thunderbay 4 with 2 Samsung EVO 256GB in RAID 1

Pro Tools 10.3.9
OSX 10.9.3

I have Pro tools set to Autosave 3 minute intervals. Havent tested if this could be causing the problem, actually i dont really feel like spending time on doing this, id rather make music.

I have another computer at home and i have encountered this error on this machine as well.

Anyone have similar problems?

/Christer

suicune 05-25-2015 09:11 AM

Yes I've had it - quite a lot actually. To cut a very long story short it seems to only happen with monophonic mode so use polyphonic instead. Samples/ticks doesn't make any difference.

critza 05-27-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicune (Post 2263780)
Yes I've had it - quite a lot actually. To cut a very long story short it seems to only happen with monophonic mode so use polyphonic instead. Samples/ticks doesn't make any difference.

Thanks for your reply, havent tried to use only polyphonic, but ill try to stick with it, seems to be a bug though, if more ppl experience it.

amagras 05-27-2015 04:54 PM

As suicune, it happens in monophonic mode to me too, not that often, tho

suicune 05-28-2015 04:39 AM

Yes the other part to the story is that it only happens when the audio was analysed since opening the session - that is if you save the session, close it and reopen it you won't get a hang. Which is why it seems so intermittent - but if you put a monophonic plugin on new, or record new audio on an existing track with it on, then move a warp marker and start playback I found I was getting a hang a good 50% of the time in my experiments.

critza 06-02-2015 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suicune (Post 2264321)
Yes the other part to the story is that it only happens when the audio was analysed since opening the session - that is if you save the session, close it and reopen it you won't get a hang. Which is why it seems so intermittent - but if you put a monophonic plugin on new, or record new audio on an existing track with it on, then move a warp marker and start playback I found I was getting a hang a good 50% of the time in my experiments.

Sounds about right for me too, got the same project hanging twice from doing something similar.

Dizzi45Z 07-20-2017 03:36 PM

Re: Elastic Audio Freezes/Hangs Pro Tools

I am so tired of this bug. 12.7.1. I've tried this on several computers. The same thing happens on big sessions with me with Elastic Audio and XForm. It will render the first chunk of files and then freeze. It is almost like it fills up the RAM and then crashes. PLEASE FIX THIS AVID.

maltastudio 11-19-2017 12:15 AM

Yes Please fix this Avid the Industrial Standard bug 2017

Peace

albee1952 11-19-2017 12:58 PM

This may be only on the Mac side as it doesn't happen on any of my Windows rigs. Random thoughts:
1-Don't bother with Ticks mode unless you are trying to alter the session tempo.
2-Separate the area you want to edit and try X-Form. Its takes longer as it renders each and every move(which is why I suggest cutting and working on sections that fit across your EDIT window).
3-if you see the audio snap back after moving a WARP marker, just click on that same WARP marker once more and the waveform SHOULD snap to the marker(this is a known bug). I have had this happen on both Windows and Mac systems:o