Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Does AVID answer anything...phones...e-mail? WTF (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406768)

H-man 10-16-2019 05:53 PM

Does AVID answer anything...phones...e-mail? WTF

Okay,

This is completely unacceptable. I paid and renewed my PT perpetual license on Oct. 9, and the code I was given does not work. I have called AVID, e-mailed, opened cases and ZERO response.

I'm pretty chill, but this is totally not cool. If any mods are reading this....Please help me. How can you run a business like this? Just ask AVID. lol

Back to work I go. :mad:

Darryl Ramm 10-16-2019 06:00 PM

Re: Does AVID answer anything...phones...e-mail? WTF

What is your case number?

H-man 10-16-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2541528)
What is your case number?

Hey Darryl,

Thanks for the help the other day. Just feeling really frustrated at this point.

Request Number....03803096.

I actually send another e-mail a few days before this one.

CygnusX-1Bk2 10-16-2019 06:16 PM

Hmm. I recently sent in a ticket that got responded to then followed up with a call which was answered and even got a call back by a tech.

Couldn't resolve my issue but told me they are looking into it and I found a work around.

Darryl Ramm 10-16-2019 06:37 PM

I know how frustrating this must be.

I've asked one of the moderators if they can check in with Avid support to followup on this case.

(I am not sure it's needed but just in case where/how was that "request number" obtained?)

In the meantime lets not create any more thread so folks can find all the related info easily, the mods may merge all the posts into one thread anyhow.

This one and ... http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406732

Southsidemusic 10-16-2019 06:51 PM

Escalated to Avid support and admins.

arche3 10-16-2019 07:07 PM

Avid support is one dude in a basement.
The rest of them are at the film studios sucking up to Speilberg. Us music hacks don't have enough $$$$ to matter.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

H-man 10-16-2019 07:46 PM

Alright my peeps!

Thanks for all the help and I hate to sound like a whiner. I just want to get the new version going. Looks like we all have different experiences with tech support. lol.

I'm solid on 2018 for now, but there's a couple of cool features in 2019 that will speed up my workflow.

Thanks Daryl and mods for speeding up the process. I can't believe I have been using PT since 2001. Crazy how fast time is flying by.

Keep on creating my people.

H-man 10-16-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arche3 (Post 2541538)
Avid support is one dude in a basement.
The rest of them are at the film studios sucking up to Speilberg. Us music hacks don't have enough $$$$ to matter.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just noticed your join date of Jan. 2001...mine was Feb. of 2001. So crazy thinking back to 9-11 and the chaos of that day. I'm back home in SD, but that was some crazy stuff.

And yep, it probably is one dude in a basement. Literally. lol

Peace my friend!

XJENSEN 10-17-2019 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H-man (Post 2541540)
And yep, it probably is one dude in a basement. Literally. lol

Not sure about the basement, but the guy I had on the phone the other day indeed told me he was 'very busy' because he was the only one doing support for the moment. I could hardly believe what I heard.

Well.. If they also have only one developer to fix the long list of bugs, this would explain a lot.

H-man 10-17-2019 07:12 AM

Problem solved! thanks for the help everybody. :)

Southsidemusic 10-17-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H-man (Post 2541582)
Problem solved! thanks for the help everybody. :)

Good to hear :-)

LightWing 10-17-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H-man (Post 2541526)
Okay,

This is completely unacceptable. I paid and renewed my PT perpetual license on Oct. 9, and the code I was given does not work. I have called AVID, e-mailed, opened cases and ZERO response.

I'm pretty chill, but this is totally not cool. If any mods are reading this....Please help me. How can you run a business like this? Just ask AVID. lol

Back to work I go. :mad:

I called Support two days ago and got thru in less than four minutes.

H-man 10-17-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightWing (Post 2541636)
I called Support two days ago and got thru in less than four minutes.

Man, I wish I had your luck. lol. It's all good now, got it sorted out.

Thanks peeps!

Cowboy Bob 10-18-2019 06:17 AM

Glad you got the support you needed.

My personal experience with Avid support has been limited to Sibelius. I've never had to use support for Pro Tools. OOPs I take that back. I think it was PT 8 or something. There was a CS update that wouldn't work on some Win Doze computers...I was using Win Doze at that time. They had to email me a new installer, which happened rather quickly if I recall.

Anyway, the only other interaction with Avid support that I've had has been license issues with Sibelius. When I upgraded to the full version from First, the upgrade code wouldn't work. I emailed, got a temp license next day. It took two temp licenses to get it fixed, but I was still able to work. They got it fixed days before the second temp license expired.

The next issue was just recently. My new iMac took a dump on me 6 days after I got it. Apple had to replace the logic board, and since Sibelius is licensed to the machine and I had no way of deactivating the license, I could not re-license to the new machine.

Avid not only reset the license on their end, they also explained how to fix the license files on my end to make it work. Throw in two days of weekend, and I had it up and running again in 4 days.

Apple service center took 15 days to fix my machine, and that was all waiting for a new logic board to arrive. Thankfully my old machine was still very capable and only lacked Sibelius. (I LIKE the iLok for that reason alone). I was still able to work.

Well anyway, I'm glad you got it taken care of. I just wanted to toss out my $.02 worth of experience with Avid support, as little as it has been.

danyg 10-18-2019 11:37 AM

same here

AVID

03802451 10/13/19 New Case

no answer since one week !

H-man 10-18-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danyg (Post 2541763)
same here

AVID

Good luck my friend. It seemed as soon as I posted here, everyone helped it get pushed to the top and taken care of. Boiled down to them sending me the wrong kind of code. I got it worked out, but I know how frustrating it can be.

Southsidemusic 11-19-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danyg (Post 2541763)
same here

AVID

Hey Brother

I escalated H-Mans support case to Avid Support but I guess and hope your issue is resolved seeing it was a month ago you posted otherwise let me know.