Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   No output 3 and 4 on MP9 with fasttrack pro in mountain lion!!! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=339102)

rmsyster 05-22-2013 03:09 PM

No output 3 and 4 on MP9 with fasttrack pro in mountain lion!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I hope someone can help me out with this issue that I have. I have a windows XP laptop and a windows 7 PC. On both of them I made an I/O setup with 4 outputs. Output 1 and 2 are stereo, output 3 is the clicktrack (for the drummer, we play live with a sequence) and output 4 is the bass. I recently bought an macbook pro with mountian lion and it gave me a lot of headaches to run it properly. Now that I run it without any problems I thought let me fix the outputs on the mac. I exported the settings and imported them on my mac. I found out that there are no outputs 3 and 4 available! How is that possible? Everything is up to date on my macbook. Does anyone else has this problem? How can I solve this problem? I tried to contact Avid but that's another headache. Anyone???

YYR123 05-22-2013 03:13 PM

Re: No output 3 and 4 on MP9 with fasttrack pro in mountain lion!!!

Default the I/O

Did it help?

Because let's be honest even if you have to create that from from scratch that's not really that many outputs that you have to re-create

rmsyster 05-24-2013 05:34 PM

It didn't worked. I use my output via inserts. I go to i/o and normally in windows i see insert 1 (Mono) till insert 4. On my mac I only see Insert 1 till 2. Insert 3 and 4 says path n/a. How do I create these outputs? Is it even possible in mountain lion? I did it om my windows software so why am I seeing this path n/a. I did the updates from the avid site because before I had a lot of problems with mountian lion. So I really don't know what to do.:confused:

rmsyster 05-24-2013 05:42 PM

By the way when I go to I/O setup and I go to insert I only see output 1 and 2. 3 and 4 aren't even there. The same for H/W Insert Delay. Where are output 3 and 4. I see them in windows.... Very strange

YYR123 05-24-2013 05:58 PM

So I'll ask basic questions are you running the most recent software version for your inbox on your Mac?

rmsyster 05-25-2013 04:32 AM

Yes, I downloaded the updates from the avid site. My pro tools version is 9.0.5. Is there another update? Should I update it again?

YYR123 05-25-2013 09:37 PM

9.05 Is not the most recent version 9.06 is

.....and nine point anything is not compatible with mountain lion!!!!

You will have issues I did that's why I upgraded to 10

YYR123 05-25-2013 09:46 PM

Ok maybe 9.05 is the latest for MP9 but it's still not qualified for Apple's 10.8.x

rmsyster 05-27-2013 06:57 AM

9.0.5 is the latest. I managed to do it different as there were no 4 outputs available in i/o settings at inserts. What I did is when you go to i/o, outputs, my main output to ch 1 and 2. pre amps to ch 3 and 4. select in the mixer for click track pre amp mono L and for the bass line pre amp mono R. I still find it very strange that there are differences between windows and mac.

YYR123 05-27-2013 11:28 AM

Good luck - that's why I ended up going to PT10 b/c 10.8.2 didn't like it and I couldn't get anything done

I had just built a new Hackintosh so there was no downgrade to lion possible