Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Tips & Tricks (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mic In Interface can not be selected (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=321049)

method: 04-12-2012 05:52 PM

Mic In Interface can not be selected

Let me start by getting the basic info out of the way using bullet points:
*I am running the latest version of OS 10X Lion on a 27" 4 core iMac

*I am using Pro Tools 8 LE with an Mbox Mini.

*I am recording with a condenser mic and a standard vocal mic, I have the phantom power on when I use the condenser mic.

*The Guitar 1 interface in the concentric connector is still able to pick up sound and record from the condenser mic or standard mic, but Mic 1 interface will not become highlighted(yellow) or pick up any sound.

*I have been able to record using the Mic 1 interface in the past.

*The Mbox LED indicator shows that the hardware is receiving sound when the mic 1 interface is selected, but it will not pick up any sound through the interface.

I thought I damaged my Mbox and returned it under warranty. I am using a brand new Mbox Mini and USB cable.

Here is a list of things I have tried:
*Uninstalling and reinstalling Pro Tools 8 LE

*Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the Mbox Mini

*disc utility

*I read through all the FAQ's and tried this ( http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=1527984&postcount=5o ) when I tried to delete the suggested files and they were not in the list.

*I checked the I/O settings in pro tools and restored them all to default

I am truly at a loss. I can not figure out what the [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] I did. Someone, dear god, help my sorry ass.:confused:

Cheers

method: 04-13-2012 03:58 PM

Re: Mic In Interface can not be selected

Bumping for help. Moderator, please help me.

method: 04-15-2012 08:10 AM

Some one please help. Moderator, please help. The trouble shooting page for the Mbox Mini 404's on the Avid website and I can't get a response from customer service, this is not good customer service.

albee1952 04-15-2012 12:47 PM

"I am using a brand new Mbox Mini and firewire." what firewire? The Mbox mini is USB:rolleyes:. Pretty sure you need 8.0.5 at the very least to go with LION. Its possible(I'm no Mac expert) that you need PT9. Follow the compatibility Grid link at the top of this page and look for the grid that shows which version of PT works on each version of OSX(and blame Apple for constantly changing stuff)

method: 04-16-2012 01:04 PM

I'm running 10.7.3, I didn't change any settings or download any updates. Everything worked right out of the box. Thanks for the correction on the cable name. Any other suggestions? It would be cool if someone from Avid might chime in...

method: 04-23-2012 10:15 PM

Please help. Still not working. Downloaded 8.0.5 update and tried everything applecare could think of over the phone. Someone please help. Still can not high light or record from mic 1 interface. Not showing any volume meter with mic 1 selected, pics up xlr input through guitar 1 interface but the sound is low when it records.

RegenerationMix 04-24-2012 12:08 AM

well, for starters pro tools 8.0.5 LE is not supported on Lion 10.7.3, but is the only 8 that i know of that will work on Lion. So any problems are on us who are using that combo.

It works for me with a 003r, but may not work for you with an Mbox. The 003r is a firewire device, the Mbox is a USB device. The USB devices seem to have problems with Lion and anything below 9.0.5. and Avid is not going to help you because 8 is not supported on Lion.

You may need 9.0.5 or higher.

Chris

method: 04-24-2012 09:47 AM

I am truly grateful to you for responding. Thanks for the help, I clearly need it. The only part that baffles me is that it all worked fine out of the box. Like perfectly fine. I was able to record vocals and instruments with out issue for a few weeks. Once it randomly stopped working, I thought I damaged the Mbox so I replaced that and the USB cable and have re-installed pro tools and the Mbox drivers, ran disc utilities, installed pro tools on another sign on, downloaded the Avid update pro tools 8.0.5 for OS X and ran through every possible bit of trouble shooting info out there. I will say that I am unhappy with the non-existent "customer support" that Avid offers. I have asked here, where a moderator has blatantly ignored requests for help, sat on the phone on hold with Avid for over an hour until I was hung up on and never got through to a representative and tried to use the resources listed on Avid's website for a product that I bought within the last year(September, to be exact) that is no longer supported. (Trouble shooting page 404's :confused: ) That is shoddy customer care. Apple stayed on the phone with me for hours and tried to help me troubleshoot my issue until we exhausted every option. If I had any confidence that Avid would stand behind their product, I would gladly upgrade to Pro Tools 10, but I am worried that I will still have the same or similar issues and continue to piss money away with a company that could give a [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] less if I can use the expensive products they sell. Avid the moderator, if you're reading, please respond.

RegenerationMix 04-25-2012 12:50 AM

wish i could tell you what to troubleshoot but i have no experience with any mbox interfaces.

I have had the Digi interfaces for years. I just know they say 8 will not work with Lion. For some reason it works for me and some others.

Chris

method: 04-25-2012 10:33 AM

Thanks again for responding. Going to try to call Avid again today and see where it gets me.