Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   DV Toolkit 2 Issues (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=207372)

TMDmedia 10-15-2007 01:09 AM

DV Toolkit 2 Issues

Can anyone tell me why on earth my digitranslator option has stopped working?

I laid out the price of the DV toolkit which does have some nice extras but essentially for this function and now it tells me on boot up that I need to authorize digitranslator...

I have checked that iLok licences are all there and registered and on my iLok account, I tried (succesfully) to reinstall the toolkit and the translator but still I get this message, and this message means what it says I cannot now import import any OMF files which is essential for my work....

Have I missed something obvious? Done anything daft?

Please help

Regards

TMDmedia

gerax 10-15-2007 01:20 AM

Re: DV Toolkit 2 Issues

Hello

You said your licenses are on your iLok account, but did you actually transferred them on the iLok key? When you launch PT each plug in that needs a license seeks it up in the USB ilok key. If it's not found in there it warns you with the authorization message you had.
Forgive me if I asked an obvious question, but that's what came to my mind after reading how you explained things in your post.

L.G.

georgia 10-15-2007 08:11 PM

interesting piece of trivia. DVtoolkit 2 has Digitranslator bundled. The standalone digitranslator has its' own , and different license. I have DVtoolkit 2 running on a number of my 002 systems. 2 of them had digitranslator running and when I installed DVtoolkit 2, the digitranslator licenses got screwed up, but digitranslator sill works just fine. So, i am assuming that there is a license issue with the "standalone" version and the "DVtoolkit" version. Have you tried simply opening up an OMF directly?

cheers
geo

georgia 10-15-2007 08:11 PM

interesting piece of trivia. DVtoolkit 2 has Digitranslator bundled. The standalone digitranslator has its' own , and different license. I have DVtoolkit 2 running on a number of my 002 systems. 2 of them had digitranslator running and when I installed DVtoolkit 2, the digitranslator licenses got screwed up, but digitranslator sill works just fine. So, i am assuming that there is a license issue with the "standalone" version and the "DVtoolkit" version. Have you tried simply opening up an OMF directly?

cheers
geo

Felix Rost 01-24-2008 04:36 AM

Hello,

I have a similar problem like the original poster.
I recently bought used DVTK2 from a DUC-seller.
I received 4 licenses on my iLok, thats BNR LE, DV TOOLKIT 2, TL SPACE NATIVE and VOCALIGN LE. I have transfered them to my iLok and updated iLok drivers.
I have downloaded and installed DVTK2 from digi-website.
Now, everything like Toolkit options, plug-ins do work, but OMF import/export does NOT and PT is asking for authorization of Digitranslator on launch.

Did I receive all licenses? What's wrong?

Felix

TVPostSound 01-24-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

I received 4 licenses on my iLok, thats BNR LE, DV TOOLKIT 2, TL SPACE NATIVE and VOCALIGN LE.

Felix, You should have 5 auths It looks like you are missing the DIGITRANSLATOR authorization.

Georgia, Yes, correct, the Digitranslator install is not within DVToolkit or DVTK2, it is bundled with it, also the authorization received on the iLok is
universal, it will work on LE or HD. Conversely the auth received from standalone purchase, if you were to buy it for your
HD system, works with LE.

Felix Rost 01-24-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Felix, You should have 5 auths It looks like you are missing the DIGITRANSLATOR authorization.

Thanks DIAFXMX, yes, the missing license has arrived and everything is working fine.