Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 9 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Pro Tools HD 9 installer (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=411638)

justDoug 08-26-2020 08:28 AM

Pro Tools HD 9 installer

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2573249)
Personally, I download everything and stash on a 2TB USB drive. Whether I intend to install or not, I will have it, just in case:o

Would you happen to have a copy of the installer for Pro Tools 9? I just bought an iLok license (used iLok with no account access) for Pro Tools 9 HD, but only have access to the 10/11/12 installers.

Regards,
Doug

justDoug 08-29-2020 04:25 PM

Re: Pro Tools HD 9 installer

Anyone...?

Southsidemusic 08-29-2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justDoug (Post 2576255)
Anyone...?

Do you still need a installer for HD9? Let me know.

Southsidemusic 08-29-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justDoug (Post 2576255)
Anyone...?

Do you still need an installer for HD9? Let me know.

justDoug 08-29-2020 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2576272)
Do you still need an installer for HD9? Let me know.

Yes, please.

And it appears the used iLok I just bought has been "disabled"; displays with a red X in License Manager. Any idea what to do now...?

JFreak 08-29-2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justDoug (Post 2576275)
And it appears the used iLok I just bought has been "disabled"; displays with a red X in License Manager. Any idea what to do now...?

It means the key is tied to another account, you cannot register it for your own. Bought the license as is, working on the key you bought it as long as the key is working, cannot transfer or upgrade the license.

Southsidemusic 08-30-2020 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2576279)
It means the key is tied to another account, you cannot register it for your own. Bought the license as is, working on the key you bought it as long as the key is working, cannot transfer or upgrade the license.

If the ilok key is ”disabled” that is a whole other issue and you wont get to use the ilok and licenses at all so to install anything wont work if it uses licenses from the disabled ilok so until the ilok is enabled again by the previous owner or by Pace/iLok the license of PT9HD is pretty useless.

The Weed 08-30-2020 08:11 AM

You need to get your money back from the seller or get the seller to transfer the iLok account to you, provide the PT 9 HD software and transfer that software to you through Avid. If you bought the iLok off eBay, start a case if the seller won't give you your money back or won't do the transfers.

JFreak 08-30-2020 08:21 AM

If they have not agreed for Transfer of Ownership paperwork, that may not work. But if the license itself does not work (disabled) then the buyer has not received what was sold.

justDoug 08-30-2020 08:27 AM

Thanks for the replies. I still need a copy of the installation file for Pro Tools 9. The iLok issue should be able to be resolved by the seller. He is local so I can take it to him for synchronization/"enabling" (assuming he has access to the account associated with this iLok). If not, then I'll return it...