Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Automatic Markers for Pro Tools? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406827)

dbpost 10-19-2019 10:45 PM

Automatic Markers for Pro Tools?

Hi all!

I came across an issue.
At the studio I work at, we need to use markers in between location of scenes, so that the editors will have a much easier time working on the project.

Problem is, I googled about everything I can think of, but still can't find even a name (let alone a link) of a software that is capable of that.

Again, searching for a software that can recognise the transition between scenes (according to the video, or according to the audio clips in the session).

Has anyone here ever heard of such a thing?
How do you guys mark your sessions if you have massive amounts and not so much time?

Thanks!

Rich Breen 10-20-2019 09:37 AM

Re: Automatic Markers for Pro Tools?

I know of no software that automatically does this (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist), but here's a few thoughts: If you want markers at clip boundaries, you could easily make a macro in Keyboard Maestro that would tab through on a track and drop markers at every clip start/end. If you need to drop markers at silence, I could imagine a macro that used Strip Silence to separate the clips, then tabbing through to drop markers.

The Weed 10-20-2019 10:13 AM

Apologies if you already know this. This is not automatic, you have to do it manually, but can also go to Preferences>Editing:

"When the Auto-Name Memory Locations when Playing option is enabled in the Editing Preferences page, Memory Locations can be created during playback, without opening the New Memory Location dialog. This option can also be selected
from the Memory Locations Window menu."

Works during recording too.

lucas f. 10-20-2019 10:29 AM

Ediload..can hep you...logic can also détect video cuts..and with keyboard maestro t cut an audio track..

Envoyé de mon SM-G960F en utilisant Tapatalk

PMF Media 10-20-2019 03:26 PM

For mine, I'd LOVE the ability to search marchers, I often have large sessions with 100's of the suckers and the ability to do a key word search would be a dream come true :-)

amagras 10-20-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMF Media (Post 2541975)
For mine, I'd LOVE the ability to search marchers, I often have large sessions with 100's of the suckers and the ability to do a key word search would be a dream come true :-)

Same here

daeron80 10-21-2019 11:10 AM

The weird thing is, it's possible to export Markers as text, but not possible to import text as Markers. Obviously, the code needed to covert between the two exists in the program and could work both ways. They just haven't bothered to finish the job.

Vytis 10-21-2019 11:48 AM

The software is called Nuendo.
Yes, Nuendo has Video Cut Detection feature built in:
Video Cut Detection | New Features in Nuendo 10

Cheesehead 10-21-2019 11:57 AM

You should move this thread to the Post production board.
There are several ways of doing this if you can get an EDL from your editor.
None are particularly elegant and require a bit of editing and some extra software.
Ediload.
Conformalizer.
Soundflow.
can all do this.
Soundflow also has the capability to have multiple types of markers you can import and export from PT depending on what you need, through their 'Notes' app.