Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Pro Tools 10 Trial to Pro Tools 10 Full Version - Installation Problem (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=315066)

janos 01-07-2012 09:31 AM

Pro Tools 10 Trial to Pro Tools 10 Full Version - Installation Problem

Box Set
I recently downloaded the PT 10 Trial version and have since decided to take the plunge and purchase full version box set. When the disks arrived in the mail, I expected that when I looked at "Your Products" Avid web page, I would see the new PT 10 product listed and a new activation code (listed somewhere) - but neither PT 10 product (included with my other products) nor code was there.

Product Registration Card
I then expected that with the new disks and the included "Product Registration Information Card" I could use the Registration ID to unlock my Trial Version and just keep going. However, I was not clever enough to figure out how to do this.

Un-install Trial PT10
SO, I un-installed the trial version, and attempted to re-install Pro Tools 10 from the disks. This is where I ran into the unexpected problem that my install files won't install. after double clicking

"Install Pro Tools.mpkg"

the installation hangs in a terminal window (sim to DOS prompt Window)

The name of the window is

Install Pro Tools.mpkg -- Bash -- 80 x24

and the text reads:

<Computer-name>:Install Pro Tools.mpkg <home-user>$

But nothing happens. I'm new to Macs, and the description of may provide an obvious clue to the Mac Adept.

PROBLEM: PT 10 will not install from disks

IN SUMMARY

1) PT Trial has been un-installed
2) I was able to connect the included PT 10 iLok (that came with boxed set) to my iLok account at the iLok site

3) PT installation file Install Pro Tools.mpkg has no effect on my system.

QUESTION:

Short of downloading another trial-verision of PT10, does anyone have another suggestion of how to get the full version working as installed from the disks?

thanks, Janos
MacBook Pro 2.40 GHz Core i5, 4G RAM, OS Lion, mBox2 PT10

crizdee 01-07-2012 11:22 AM

Re: Pro Tools 10 Trial to Pro Tools 10 Full Version - Installation Problem

Hi,

There is no difference in the trial version and full version!! all you needed to do was plug your ilok in and continue to work. Then register your version of 10 in your AVID account using the registration card.

Anyhow, you should be able to re-install either the DVD version or the trial version and get going again.

what happens when you try to launch PT?

Chris

janos 01-09-2012 07:56 PM

Re: Pro Tools 10 Trial to Pro Tools 10 Full Version - Installation Problem

Chris,

thanks for the response. I was fairly certain there was no difference between the trial version and full version, but it's good to get the confirmation.

I think the problem began for me by not using the downloaded trial version because I ordered the boxed set of CDs (which by the way came with it's own specific iLok).

After Un-installing and/or trashing the downloaded trial version in order to install from disk, some aspect of my user-profile became corrupted or broken, such that I could not install any software.

the work-around for this, I found on another forum page where a user suggested creating a new user-profile on the MBP and then installing the software.

since creating this new user-account, I was able to install from the dvds (or cds?) that came in the box.

Janos
MacBook Pro 2.40 GHz Core i5, 4G RAM, OS Lion, mBox2 PT10