Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   NAMM new HDX or nothing!!! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408063)

corp 01-15-2020 06:40 AM

NAMM new HDX or nothing!!!

Will Avid introduce anything with regards to DAW HW?:eek:

Southsidemusic 01-15-2020 07:33 AM

Re: NAMM new HDX or nothing!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by corp (Post 2550969)

Nothing we have heard of. They are promoting the S-Series controllers but a new DSP. card ... no way they would go there again right now. The extra voices hasn’t come thru on the HDX users yet as far as I know. We were gonna get double the vojce count free with an update but I dont know if that has materialized yet. So a new PCIe card is probably the last thing that are on the horizon.

JFreak 01-15-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2550975)
So a new PCIe card is probably the last thing that are on the horizon.

Probably true, but stranger things have happened. And besides, HDX platform is over 8 year old already, with no updates so far.

XJENSEN 01-15-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corp (Post 2550969)

Yes, they're likely coming with a new box.

bzone 01-16-2020 07:07 AM

I spoke with Avid at the 2019 NAMM. They mentioned it comes with a 10 year cycle. In order to get the updated voices, they will need to utilize new chip sets and the latest electronic technologies. It’s interesting that Apple has spoken about 6 cards in the new Mac Pro. However Avid must be in development stages of building a new card or rack mount unit at this point. It is necessary’ with the rate that technology is advancing. All 64 bit and increased speed and processing capabilities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

corp 01-17-2020 08:16 PM

HDX is old and I agree this technology and other companies are moving beyond Avid's pace, but I just purchased a MP7.1 and was hoping for an updated HDX and not another A/D D/A.

JFreak 01-18-2020 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corp (Post 2551366)
HDX is old and I agree this technology and other companies are moving beyond Avid's pace, but I just purchased a MP7.1 and was hoping for an updated HDX and not another A/D D/A.

Well not updated HDX but we got HDX TB boxes now :D

LukeHoward 01-18-2020 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2551403)
Well not updated HDX but we got HDX TB boxes now :D

But ironically now the Mac Pro has (once more) slots in which to put it.

Southsidemusic 01-18-2020 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeHoward (Post 2551411)
But ironically now the Mac Pro has (once more) slots in which to put it.

LOL we just got our 2 new 28core Macs and didn’t think of that until now when you said that ROFLMAO 😝 😂

This months best Post and soo very true! What are they thinking with this new box? Guess they think we all drag around our 10 peripherals everytime we leave the studio hehe

But I do see some people needing that HDX case for Mini,iMac and MBP so Avid will definitely sell them.

But whats more 5000 Dollars US for the MTRX Studio which will be approx 6000 USD here with conversion rate is a bit steep isn’t it? And what preamp specs are there as we dont know what these 2 pres are and so on.

JFreak 01-18-2020 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2551413)
But whats more 5000 Dollars US for the MTRX Studio which will be approx 6000 USD here with conversion rate is a bit steep isn’t it? And what preamp specs are there as we dont know what these 2 pres are and so on.

Hey I still remember paying 6000 euros for DigiDesign 192 interface with additional AD card :cool: