PDA

View Full Version : Quick Tab to Transient Question

jordan23
02-29-2004, 08:03 AM
Just curious on the best way to accomplish this move...

Within a 4 bar track I have a Snare, High Hat and Bass Drum that are slightly off beat - I went into Tab to Transient highlighted each track individually then hit CTRL E to find my peaks - Once I found my peaks I moved the regions closer to their respective bars - Although the parts are on beat now, the space created lost important fractions of audio - Even through cross fade the lost audio still just does not sound right -

Is there a better way I should about taking a 4 bar drum piece (individual HHat, Snare, Bass Drum, etc) to cut into a perfect BAR/BPM time without losing crucial audio - Just rolling back or forward important peaks / parts...

* Quick Note - Time Compression wont help since some parts are on and some are off

Thanks...

s2n
03-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Just extend the regions to fill the gaps and x-fade them. Also, remember that it's sonically better to speed up a loop then it is to slow down when doing this type of beat/bar editing.

jodyjfk
03-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Are you talking about real drums recorded with mics? If so, are you editing them as a group? If you are sliding each drum seperately, they certainly will sound strange.
I've done extensive drum editing and even with cymbal overhang, they sound good in the overall mix.

s2n
03-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Yes...real drums. Yes...edited as a group.
Phase never sounded bad on all of those Joy Division records.