PDA

View Full Version : 001 Serial Port

Plugs
02-08-2004, 12:24 PM
While trying to lock an ole EPS to PTs, I noticed in the peripherals machine control I can now enable the 9 Pin Remote. I have the same connection on my DM24. Wonderin' if I can use that to lock PTs to the board and midi lock the sequencer in the EPS.

Anyone locking to anything this way? If I can find a cable, I'm gonna try it, what the hey!!

(I wish someone would hurry up and develop an ethernet cable I can plug in my ear and download knowledge updates directly to my brain, aka. The Matrix!)

Just curious.
Tks,
Ter

Bastiaan
02-09-2004, 03:04 AM
The serial port on the digi001 does nothing.....

Plugs
02-09-2004, 06:03 AM
Thanks Bast,

Yeah, I knew that. It's just when I saw the com 1&2 port choice in peripherals, I thought maybe that had changed. Didn't have a cable anyway. Need a male to female, only have a female female.

Thought I'd check.

Ter

Matt Whritenour
02-09-2004, 10:48 PM
The serial port on the digi001 does nothing.....

then why do they even have it lol

Plugs
02-10-2004, 06:57 AM
Well, the story was, it was for future use.

But ... I'm thinkin' I could hook it up to my coffee pot and get someone to write a little app. to have it brew me fresh coffee when I hit a certain point in a session, like the end?
Or maybe there's a cigarette lighter adapter that sparks up when I create a new track?
Maybe an intelibeam hook up, each session could have it's own lightshow track!! Clients love all the pretty lights!!

The possibilities are endless!!

Ter

nightshadecrisis
02-10-2004, 11:48 PM
i always wondered about that thing....it looked so...high tech at the time!!!

and bastiaan.....

"Guys...its just a squirrel!!"
".......ITS GOT SOMETHIN' IN ITS HANDS!!!!!"

Bastiaan
02-16-2004, 03:58 AM
"Guys...its just a squirrel!!"
".......ITS GOT SOMETHIN' IN ITS HANDS!!!!!"

nightshadecrisis
02-17-2004, 11:00 PM